M15 or M16 Location

I don’t believe M15 or M16 Location has been finalized. Where would members like or think would be good migration locations? When would you like to have migration?

Here are my location ideas:

1. Knoxville, TN (Location of new Cirrus Vision center)

2. Washington DC Area (Probably Dulles/Leesburg/Manassas area) My idea for the event. Many years ago. Needs updating.

3. Nashville, TN (Was suppose to be the M13 site)

4. Oshkosh, WI (After AirVenture maybe mid August) Have event at EAA Museum.

5. Nemacolin Woodland Resort, Farmingham, PA. Most planes would have to land at Morgantown, 30 minute commute.

6. Greenbrier Resort, Sulphur Springs, WV

John, can you use your FAA resources to get us into KDCA? Now that would be incredible!

Yah I think Knoxville is going to have to happen. …of course if there isn’t a jet by 2016 then it wouldn’t work.

I thought you would put Kansas City in the mix. Doesn’t get more middle of the Country.

Maybe our Canadian members will put a Canada location in to the mix as well.

I actually think there is a way to do KDCA. Openair has gotten permission. Would be as complex as the Freedom flight.

As president of the FAA Fan Club? Incredible indeed!

DCA would be quite a stretch, but IAD would be almost as sweet. Good hotels, plenty of ramp space, two fine FBOs, and the Udvar-Hazy as the crown jewel. Maybe we could even park the early arrivals on the museum ramp!

I can even envision the first COPAcabana held in a (non-operating) control tower there…

Definitely Knoxville in 2017 (M15)!!

The Geographical Center of the contiguous United States is located about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas at 39°50′N 98°35′W, which is approximately 12 miles south of the Kansas-Nebraska border.

The closest options would probably be Wichita or Omaha.

Or in the space shuttle

Yeah, but the shuttle is so last-century now:

https://youtu.be/BZ6yKSpi2ks

POPA is doing our first outside the US convention for 2016…Quebec City, Canada.

Have you actually seen what’s around Knoxville? (KTYS) Not a real hoppin place!

I live in Wisconsin.…[:P]

I like Wisconsin.

I also like places that are not hoppin.

Maybe there’s a connection? :scratch:

Actually, I would recommend the COPACabana be on the patio of the Landsdown Resort.

We should have the banquet dinner at the Udvar Hazy. We can have the whole place after 5:00PM Cocktails in their tower there. It is beautiful.

airandspace.si.edu-webimages-640-4725_640.jpg

We are doing M14 outside the U.S. We’re going to Duluth.

We’re doing our 2016 EJOPA convention in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. I’ll let you know how it goes. It is supposed to be a great venue.

Make sure you see the Skigull while you are there. Burt should be flying often by then.

DC or Nashville would both be great.

The Omni in Nashville is great, but I’m hearing conventions are booked out years already there.

Oshkosh: I cannot see going back 2-3 weeks after AirVenture. And you’re already doing Duluth in 2016.

Greenbrier: attended the CJP Convention there in 2014. The property is tired, and somewhat remote. Non-towered airport.

Coeur D’Alene: was there for the 2013 TBM convention. Hotel is “meh”, but it’s a very beautiful setting.

The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs: attended the CJP Convention there this past September. Fantastic venue. Probably a bit pricier than the others.

New Orleans: this gets a mixed reaction, but tons to do there. At least 3 of the turbine OPA’s are doing their conventions there this year or next. Stay at Roosevelt Hotel. Visit WWII Museum, which is only 1 mile away.

I recommend you go somewhere that will appeal to the spouses/companions: it makes it a lot easier when your spouse is begging you to go. Knoxville isn’t on their “gotta see” list.

Jon,

Great feedback. We did Colorado Springs at M9, so probably not going back this soon.

+1 for Quebec City

Probably difficult for COPA Migration but it never hurts to ask.

Why so many in the west?

We have only had two Migrations in the west, and only one in the “true” west (Vegas). It’s time we went back soon (like M15 or at the latest, M16).

Vegas is always a draw, but so would places like Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Grand Junction. Hey, if I can fly a 20 there, you can fly your 22s.