Wing Waxers

Hi Mario

I did not have time to use my local Wing Waxer guys but they are located at Big Bear Airport. The contact there is Richard Todd (800) 946-4929. He said anytime during the week he can put 3-4 guys on your plane and be done in 4 hours, including the spinner polish. Total cost including the two steep wax $385.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Mesa Arizona wing waxers did our aircraft three months ago and they did a great job on the exterior. I would not have them do the interior again as I can do a better job. Cost $375.

Rick

Do you have his number by any chance?

Thanks

I also used the Sacramento fellow for my 260se a couple of weeks ago. Marvelous job, including the cleanup of the interior. He’s new at it and it did take him 10 hours to do the job. This was my fourth Wingwaxers job, second one on this airplane, and I couldn’t be more pleased.

You might communicate your concerns to the Big Bear rep, I’m sure they will want to get the Bakersfield guy back on the straight and narrow.

You can get it on the WIngwaxers website, click the northern CA part of the map. It’s 800-508-6200, and the gentleman’s name is Jeff Howser.

I did talk to him and he recommended the outfit at Bakersfield. Today, I checked my plane and it is still awful. My spinner is still a disaster. Not to mention my wing surfaces. Heck my windows are all greasy. I feel that the entire wax job was a joke. I’ll contact you Jim, when I get my schedule straightened up.–(IFR training)

Wing Waxers recently set up an operation in NJ. I was quoted $420 + $95 for detailing the interior. Seemed very high to me. Anyone have any thoughts?

You can always get your grandkids to do the work, in exchange for a trip to the waterpark. A wonderful family experience. BUT, have lots of toothpics on hand to get the wax out of the pitot tube. Don’t forget; Wax on, wax off

Wing Waxers recently set up an operation in NJ. I was quoted $420 + $95 for detailing the interior. Seemed very high to me. Anyone have any thoughts?

I’ll come to NJ to wax your plane for that price … and tell you what, I’ll bring Mike Rad too… and we will BOTH wash wax and clean the interior for $510 .

In reply to:

Wing waxers for S Florida did my plane last weekend for $350.

Did that include the interior?

In reply to:

Did that include the interior?

Yes. They came down from Lakeland with several planes lined up to do over a 2-3 day period.

Sounds like a good reason to wait until I’m back in FL. Thanks