Cleaning

I am not sure how to search for a certain word but I would appreciate help on the best window clearner and wax for the airplane.

I am not sure how to search for a certain word but I would appreciate help on the best window clearner and wax for the airplane.

Dick, Dump water on the Windows first to get rid of the dirt. Plexus is great for the windows. Clean the leading surfaces with water after every flight. I use a spray bottle and a towel. Some use a wet sponge. Both work good. Wax is not recommended for 90 days while the paint is curing. AstroGlaze is very good wax. Denis

Dick, Dump water on the Windows first to get rid of the dirt. Plexus is great for the windows. Clean the leading surfaces with water after every flight. I use a spray bottle and a towel. Some use a wet sponge. Both work good. Wax is not recommended for 90 days while the paint is curing. AstroGlaze is very good wax. Denis

I second the motion on Plexus - works well for me. I especially agree with the “after every flight” part - the bugs come off easily if you deal with 'em right away; once they harden, it’s a much tougher job. Ten easy minutes now, vs. an hour and sore arms later. I use Wash-Wax-All in the spray bottle - have yet to use real wax; thanks for the tip on the AstroGlaze.

• Mike.

Does that mean that you should use the dry wash “Wash Wax All” to clean the plane within the first 90 days either? I’m not sure what is contained in it…

Derek

Wax is not recommended for 90 days while the paint is curing.

AstroGlaze is very good wax. Denis

Denis, how many quarts of Astro Shield does it

take to do an airplane?

Bert

think it’s called ASTROSHIELD" …great stuff…as a matter of fact…it’s under my fingernails right now@!!! What else to do in the hangar on a real rainy day?? Wash Wax all works well with the in between washes.
Don

I second the motion on Plexus - works well for me. I especially agree with the “after every flight” part - the bugs come off easily if you deal with 'em right away; once they harden, it’s a much tougher job. Ten easy minutes now, vs. an hour and sore arms later. I use Wash-Wax-All in the spray bottle - have yet to use real wax; thanks for the tip on the AstroGlaze.

• Mike.

Don, You are right. It’s Astro-Shield. A Senior moment. LOL
Denis

think it’s called ASTROSHIELD" …great stuff…as a matter of fact…it’s under my fingernails right now@!!! What else to do in the hangar on a real rainy day?? Wash Wax all works well with the in between washes.

Don

• Mike.