Polishing

If anyone is interested in polishing their SR20 or 22 let me recommend a product called " Astro Shield" I polished ours the other day after having it 60 days and I must tell you it’s as good if not better than we we picked it up at the factory in April. Goes on easy and is 200 times more durable than regular wax. No problems with the contents in regard to the composite material in the aircraft. Noticed about a 5Kt increase in airspeed also. Maybe it’s an optical illusion but I think it’s faster and I’m sticking to that. Fly Safe.

Mike

If anyone is interested in polishing their SR20 or 22 let me recommend a product called " Astro Shield"

Sounds great. Where did you buy it?

If anyone is interested in polishing their SR20 or 22 let me recommend a product called " Astro Shield" I polished ours the other day after having it 60 days and I must tell you it’s as good if not better than we we picked it up at the factory in April. Goes on easy and is 200 times more durable than regular wax. No problems with the contents in regard to the composite material in the aircraft. Noticed about a 5Kt increase in airspeed also. Maybe it’s an optical illusion but I think it’s faster and I’m sticking to that. Fly Safe.

Mike

Mike, Right you are about AstroShield. I have used it on my old cars for years. Frankly, I had not thought to use it on the Cirrus, but I will now.

Mike Hayden…from Alaska?

Denis SR22 N726CD

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tip. How many quarts does it take to polish a plane?

Bert

Does it magically apply itself to the plane?

http://www.bmwz3.net/seriousz3/astro.html

HERE YA GO!
DON

If anyone is interested in polishing their SR20 or 22 let me recommend a product called " Astro Shield"

Does it magically apply itself to the plane?

I WISH it did…But an electric buffer works wonders. Be careful around the striping though… I did that by hand. I purchased it at a local auto parts store. Have FUN…

Mike