Window cleaning

I’ve been using a diluted “Spring Green” solution to wash the bugs off and it works great. I’ve already bought the Wash Wax All recommended but want to wait for the paint to cure before waxing. What is everyone using for the windows. I haven’t been able to get them clean since I picked the plane up and window cleaners are out? Thanks Rick Kummerow 122KM

I’ve been using a diluted “Spring Green” solution to wash the bugs off and it works great. I’ve already bought the Wash Wax All recommended but want to wait for the paint to cure before waxing. What is everyone using for the windows. I haven’t been able to get them clean since I picked the plane up and window cleaners are out? Thanks Rick Kummerow 122KM

I’ve been using just water and it works very well. I wet the window and let the water soak in for a couple minutes, then go back and wash with water again and then dry with a soft towel.

I also do the same thing with the leading edges in between full washes.

Mark

I use Plexus (http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.comwww.plexusplasticcleaner.com) plexiglass cleaner on my SR22 windows, and have been very happy with it.

-Mike

Rick,

Harley davidson makes a cleaner for their plastic

windshields that is safe for windows and cleans well. The name of the product ecsapes me now but I would guess any Harley Davidson dealer would have it.

Clark #765

We keep a small squirt bottle of water in the plane along with a soft cloth. After securing the plane, we’ve gotten into the habit of squirting water on the front window and the leading edges. We use one cloth to wipe off the major debris from the window and another to take care of the wings. Then we use a dry cloth to remove the streaks from the window.

We’ve found that it’s much better to try to clean off the bugs when they’re fresh rather than letting them “bake” on.

-Heath

Rick,

Harley davidson makes a cleaner for their plastic

windshields that is safe for windows and cleans well. The name of the product ecsapes me now but I would guess any Harley Davidson dealer would have it.

Clark #765

Thanks! I live in Harly country, Milwaukee so finding a Harley stuff is like finding food. I’ll give it a try. Rick