Clean-up

Would like to know whatproducts you use to clean SR-2X (Body,windshield,etc.). I am picking up SR-22 #35 on June 1. I don’t want to mar beautiful finish.

Would like to know whatproducts you use to clean SR-2X (Body,windshield,etc.). I am picking up SR-22 #35 on June 1. I don’t want to mar beautiful finish.

Gordon,

There was a post click herelast December by Ed Boland recommending http://www.washwax.com"Wash Wax All" as a cleaner. I have used the heavy duty stuff so far to clean engine grime and bugs from the plane and it works well. I’m just about to try washing the whole plane using the regular-duty stuff within the next few days, but so far I’m pretty impressed.

Steve

In addition to using the Wash Wax all I have used a cleaner purchased from Sporty’s. I believe the Sporty’s cleaner was developed for the Military and will not corrode aluminum like many other cleaners. For the windshield I found the Wash Wax All to be excellent.

The best product has turned out to be the scrub pad sold by Wash Wax All. With either of the above it works wonders, and they both clean well. Without the pad the Wash Wax All appears to be a little better than the Sporty’s.

In addition to using the Wash Wax all I have used a cleaner purchased from Sporty’s. I believe the Sporty’s cleaner was developed for the Military and will not corrode aluminum like many other cleaners. For the windshield I found the Wash Wax All to be excellent.

The best product has turned out to be the scrub pad sold by Wash Wax All. With either of the above it works wonders, and they both clean well. Without the pad the Wash Wax All appears to be a little better than the Sporty’s.

I too bought the Wash Wash and scrub pad and agree it is the best I have seen for cleaning bugs off the leading edges. I have not had the courage to try it on the windscreen yet. Do i understand you have used the scrub pad on plexiglass? Any scratches?

Jim W.