wax

Please name the ‘brands’ of waxes that seem to work best. Obviously, with the fiberglass…products for the yacht are better than for the car! I appreciate your responses,

Don

Please name the ‘brands’ of waxes that seem to work best. Obviously, with the fiberglass…products for the yacht are better than for the car! I appreciate your responses,

Don

The Cirrus POH, page 8-24 states:

"Any good silicone free automotive wax may be used to preserve painted surfaces."

If you do any research for a silicone free wax, you will find that all waxes contain silicone, even those for boats.

An alternative product is Wash Wax All, a water-based polymer, which can be purchased at many airports or directly from the company, Aero Cosmetics, San Antonio, TX.

The “regular” or “Heavy Duty” is sprayed on and immediately wiped dry with a soft cloth.

For more information, call 800-WashWax or check the web site www.washwax.com

BK

Don

Don,

Most boats have a gelcoat coating, Cirrus uses

paint, like cars. Any good automotive wax will

work. I have been through the 'use a wax with

no silicone’ issue with gliders (which have a

gelcoat coating by the way) and I am not sure

how critical it is. I spoke with several glider

repair guys over the years about this, and they said that the only real issue with silicone is that every trace of it must be removed from the paint or gelcoat before any recoating can be

performed as a result of repairs. Most of the wax manufacturers will not tell you if their wax contains silicone (top secret you know), I know

because I called several of them. Try Nu Finish.

If memory serves me correctly, it doesn’t contain silicone.

Greg

Don

Don

I was cleaning the bugs off of my SR22 the other day, and one of the employees that work at our local FBO (Tri-State Aero in Evansville,IN) gave me a can of Fastwax and told me to try it.After using it I ordered a case, it really worked well.

You can look them up at (www.fastwax.com)

Dan

An alternative product is Wash Wax All, a water-based polymer, which can be purchased at many airports or directly from the company, Aero Cosmetics, San Antonio, TX.

The “regular” or “Heavy Duty” is sprayed on and immediately wiped dry with a soft cloth.

For more information, call 800-WashWax or check the web site www.washwax.com

I’ve been using using Wash Wax All on my C-182. It gets the bugs and crud off easily (I recommend you get the Aero Scrubber pads) and leaves a great shine. I liked it well enough that I bought the gallon size. I haven’t tried it on a Cirrus airplane yet. Ask me week after next :slight_smile:

-Mike

Dan: You wrote about FastWax 12 years ago. I just bought some to use on my SR22 and have not put it on yet. Did you have any further experience with this spray-on - wipe-off product? Any observations from longer term use?

G. Gaige, N194LG ser# 2179

gegaige@gmail.com

Just purchased a 16oz bottle of RejeX Paint Sealant. It is being delivered tomorrow and will get put on this weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes, but I have heard only great things about it.

http://www.autogeek.net/rejex-paint-sealant.html

Ryan

I bought a can of their marine wax, gonna give it a try on my boat