using portable cd/mp3 players

i took delivery today of n124cd, …i tried plugging in my archos mp3 player but could not get any sound to come through the headsets… could someone tell me which buttons i need to press to do this? i connected the ‘lineout’ socket of the player to the audio input but nothing happened …

Don’t push any buttons. Turn up your squelch control. Bet this works!

i took delivery today of n124cd, …i tried plugging in my archos mp3 player but could not get any sound to come through the headsets… could someone tell me which buttons i need to press to do this? i connected the ‘lineout’ socket of the player to the audio input but nothing happened …

There are two audio inputs. Music 1 is inside the center console and Music 2 is on the rear of the center console. In your post you didn’t mention which one you tried. The input on the rear of the console can be heard only by the rear seats and only when the Crew Isolation button on the intercom panel is activated.

All of this is covered in the POH and/or the owners manual for the ICS. Good luck!

thanks for your comments…i tried it again yesterday and used the headphone socket rather than the line out…with the engine off, i could hear music but its way too quiet to be of use once im flying. i read back on the site and it seems that some people have had problems with volume levels, whilst others have not …i have contacted garmin to enquire whether it is possible to adjust the 340 in some way.

Don’t push any buttons. Turn up your squelch control. Bet this works!

Just to be clear, if the squelch opens (or any other sound feeds through the audio panel) the music input will be muted.

You might also try the headphone output of your player; I find the line level output to be too low for the audio panel.

I have found that even with using my headphone output on several new portable CD players, the volume is just too low. My RioPort 500 MP3 player seems to put out enough volume however.

I have an older portable CD player that puts out lots of volume, but it doesnt have sufficient shock protection to be useful in the plane.

If anyone has any recommendations on a modern portable CD player that has lots of volume output, Im all ears.

–Brand