Archos Jukebox

I just got my Archos 6000 Jukebox - it’s awesome. Ended up costing me about $180 with the rebate (too late if you haven’t bought it yet - the rebate expired 6/2/00).

I just noticed that Archos is planning a http://www.archos.com/products/product_550005.html 20 GB Version for release this summer; 500 CDs in one tiny package! Of course, there’s no mention of price yet.

(If you already have a position in one, I have a 6000 to trade NOW for an earlier position in a 20GB. Or I’ll sell it outright for my $180, plus a premium of $5,000.)

• Mike.

rebate expired 6/2/00)

Duh… 6/2/01

• Mike.

mike - have you used the archos yet while flying? id be interested to know if you can hear anything …i can hear it until i start the engine!

mike - have you used the archos yet while flying? id be interested to know if you can hear anything …i can hear it until i start the engine!

James,

I’ll let you know soon - right now N84MR’s in the shop, having GPSS put in. I did ask whether the gain on the stereo inputs is adjustable, and the answer was NO.

• Mike.

I have used the Archos quite a bit while flying, and the volume is quite adequate. I do have the volume on the Archos close to maximum. Don’t forget you can adjust the headset volume with the volume control on the Garmin audio panel - this adjusts the intercom and music volume, independently of the radio.

Also, you must use the headphone output of the Archos, not the line out, and plug into the socket inside the console, not the back one.