inflight entertainment

i just bought an SR20 and was wondering if anyone has installed a CD player…if so , how easy is it to do?

i just bought an SR20 and was wondering if anyone has installed a CD player…if so , how easy is it to do?

I did this the other day. Just plugged an extension lead into the jack socket in the pilots arm rest. You need a cable with a small jack plug at each end.

James: Take a look at the Pix link and scroll to the picture captioned “How to keep your passengers amused; …” for complete information on this installation.

Better than a CD player - following the lead of someone who discussed the Creative Nomad MP3 jukebox, I recently acquired an Archos Jukebox 6000 - this is a portable MP3 player with a 6GB (six, count em, six gigabytes!) hard disk. I’ve converted much of my CD collection to MP3 and as we speak am transferring the whole lot (over 100 CDs) to the player.

I have already tested it in the plane, and it works just fine. It plugs into the audio socket inside the console, near the pilot’s headset jacks.

I’ve also flown in Walt’s plane with his CD player (take a bow, Walt!) but I think the MP3 player is a step up! And having a library of music in it will give the passengers something to do - selecting what to play.

The Archos cost me about AUS$800 (== US$400) at the Sydney airport duty free shop. Archos show the US retail price at $319 (hey, I was cheated!). It’s a palm-size, but chunky unit that fits easily in the SR20 console.

More info at http://www.archos.com/products/product_500096.htmlthe Archos web site.

Hi,

I use the music jack extensively, but have not had much luck with CD players putting out high enough volume. Its just barely ok with one set of headsets, and inaudible with some of the others. I have tried three different CD players.

Question: Does anyone have any recommendation for a portable CD player that puts out more oomph? Is there any way to tell its output before buying?

Thanks,

Brand

Better than a CD player - following the lead of someone who discussed the Creative Nomad MP3 jukebox, I recently acquired an Archos Jukebox 6000 - this is a portable MP3 player with a 6GB (six, count em, six gigabytes!) hard disk. I’ve converted much of my CD collection to MP3 and as we speak am transferring the whole lot (over 100 CDs) to the player.

I have already tested it in the plane, and it works just fine. It plugs into the audio socket inside the console, near the pilot’s headset jacks.

I’ve also flown in Walt’s plane with his CD player (take a bow, Walt!) but I think the MP3 player is a step up! And having a library of music in it will give the passengers something to do - selecting what to play.

The Archos cost me about AUS$800 (== US$400) at the Sydney airport duty free shop. Archos show the US retail price at $319 (hey, I was cheated!). It’s a palm-size, but chunky unit that fits easily in the SR20 console.

More info at http://www.archos.com/products/product_500096.htmlthe Archos web site.

I suggested the MP-3 player last year. Since the players are solid state, no vibration will affect them. The Archos unit is an excellent one. And since it is a true jukebox, you can search songs, play anyone of them, etc. There is an excelent home unit like this manufactured by Lansonic. You can load it up with upto 3,000 CDs.

Have a great Cirrus Day! like Woors said it so many times. Still waiting for mine #148

Michael

thanks for the tip - i am collecting the archos tonight ( if it makes you feel better, $425.00 in england)

You just put a smile in my face :slight_smile:

Where can I buy an Archos with the music already in the box?

Have a great Cirrus Day :slight_smile:

Woor

I suggested the MP-3 player last year. Since the players are solid state, no vibration will affect them. The Archos unit is an excellent one. And since it is a true jukebox, you can search songs, play anyone of them, etc. There is an excelent home unit like this manufactured by Lansonic. You can load it up with upto 3,000 CDs.

Have a great Cirrus Day! like Woors said it so many times. Still waiting for mine #148

Michael

You just put a smile in my face :slight_smile:

Where can I buy an Archos with the music already in the box?

Have a great Cirrus Day :slight_smile:

Woor

Hi Woor :-)))

Of course.

Instructions to get Archos:

1.) Log onto www.archos.com

2.) Click onto Jukeboc 6000 MP3 Player & Hard Drive

3.) Read specs.

4.) Drool.

5.) Today it’s the best shock resistant hard disk based unit for 100 hours of music.

6.) Click onto specials

7.) Print out $75.00 Rebate Coupon

8.) Log onto www.pcstop.com

9.) search for archos

10.) Last item on the list is Julebox $295.42

11.) Click on buy

1. After receiving unit claim your $75.00 rebate and you will have a helluva unit for about

$250.00

Good listening and Have a Great Cirrus Day!

Best regards,

Michael Hanyecz

SR22#148

Michael

Hi Brand,

I use an el cheapo CD player and it works fine. I discovered that there is both a “line out” jack and a “headphone” jack. I don’t recall which one to use but one is controlled by the volume on the player and works great and the other puts out a very weak signal. Give it a try if you haven’t already.

Stuart

Hi,

I use the music jack extensively, but have not had much luck with CD players putting out high enough volume. Its just barely ok with one set of headsets, and inaudible with some of the others. I have tried three different CD players.

Question: Does anyone have any recommendation for a portable CD player that puts out more oomph? Is there any way to tell its output before buying?

Thanks,

Brand

I use the music jack extensively, but have not had much luck with CD players putting out high enough volume.

The Archos Jukebox I mentioned works fine with my Lightspeed headset (using the headphone jack, but not needing full volume). I suspect the Garmin audio panel has an internal adjustment for the audio input level - you might want to check with Garmin or an avionics dude on that.

Hi,

Thanks,

Yes, buy it at Best Buy.

If you don’t like it they will take it back “No questions”

The other suggestion is shut the engine down, this will cut most of the noise so you can hear your music better.

Have a great Cirrus day. Just Kidding…

Cheers,

Woor

Brand

I too am using the Archos Jukebox with a pair of LS20k headsets, it’s quiet unless at full volume on the jb.

I suspect we just need to tweak a control in the GMA340.