To hangar or not to hangar...?

I understand the value of a hangar for all types with a metal airframe – weather wear, and where I live the big one is corrosion. My question is with the SR20’s body – do the benefits of the hangar loose some of their luster? Don’t get me wrong - a hangar is great, but in many busy airports hangars cost as much as 5 times a good tie-down. On a related note, does the paint on the SR20 fade as rapidly as on a regular bird?

I understand the value of a hangar for all types with a metal airframe – weather wear, and where I live the big one is corrosion. My question is with the SR20’s body – do the benefits of the hangar loose some of their luster? Don’t get me wrong - a hangar is great, but in many busy airports hangars cost as much as 5 times a good tie-down. On a related note, does the paint on the SR20 fade as rapidly as on a regular bird?

I understand the value of a hangar for all types with a metal airframe – weather wear, and where I live the big one is corrosion. My question is with the SR20’s body – do the benefits of the hangar loose some of their luster? Don’t get me wrong - a hangar is great, but in many busy airports hangars cost as much as 5 times a good tie-down. On a related note, does the paint on the SR20 fade as rapidly as on a regular bird? I think you will find your insurance rates will be less if your aircraft is hangered. I don’t know if you break even. I guess it depends on many factors. You might check with your insuance agent.

I understand the value of a hangar for all types with a metal airframe – weather wear, and where I live the big one is corrosion. My question is with the SR20’s body – do the benefits of the hangar loose some of their luster? Don’t get me wrong - a hangar is great, but in many busy airports hangars cost as much as 5 times a good tie-down.
Location Location Location, just so you guys in different parts of the country or world can see hangar prices. HEF 30 miles from Washington DC a large T hangar goes for $500 a month, tiedown is only $75 a month. Oh yes, the list can be as long as a decade for surrounding airports… Have a great Cirrus day.

Woor

On a related note, does the paint on the SR20 fade as rapidly as on a regular bird?