SR22 - Scheduling

Tell me if I’m being unreasonable - but I called

Cirrus about converting my position to an SR-22.

I atleast hoped that spending another $15,000 on

the deposit, I may get an accurate delivery date.

Sadly not the case.

The info I did glean - was current Sr20 position

holders into the 200’s have had delivery dates
rescheduled to Feb 2001. Can anyone confirm this,

if these are real then production is certainly

ramping.

Sr22 positions will be allocated based on current

sr20 position, and then new orders. Until they know who wants to convert obviously they can’t give you an idea of where you are on the list.

But the key info I wanted was how many sr22’s are

going to get built a month - no one knows, I guess

this also depends on the above.

In the end I was told I could expect delivery

within in a few months of my existing scheduled

delivery date, but this will revised shortly

as they are revising everyones dates. So not

much help.

I guess this is all part of the fun of buying

a new product. Just disappointed by the

general attitude of we don’t have that info

from the production dept yet as the answer to

everything, it was as though they are a separate company. Perhaps prodcuction and sales should

talk.

Sadly not the case.

Robert, I have to side with Cirrus on this one. At least I think they are being reasonable and forthright. First, I think delivery dates for anyone with numbers in the 200’s are beyond Feb 2001. My delivery date for #119 (Cirrrus says firm) is Jan 15.

As for the rate, Cirrus is clearly delivering about 2 per week and they are so confident of 1 per day by year end. I think they have learned many lessons about overpromissing and If they miss the mark, I think they will be very close.

They have been giving out the new delivery dates about 5-6 months before delivery with the options selection package and then updating that 2-3 weeks before final delivery. Except for a glitch in Fall deliveries which the factory has recitfied by not promising any new deliveries in October until the get caught up, they seem to be doing quite well.

I’d guess that they will have 2 assembly lines running parallel each delivering 2-3 per week. Again I’d guess about 20 per month combined in the new year. So if one line is dedicated to the 20 and the other to the 22, then you can guess the rates from there. The missing factor is the conversion rate which is certainly well beyond CD’s control.

Based upon these assumptions, the contract nr. 200 would get delivery about May 2001.

Keep you chin up, I’m still waiting for my Sept. 98 delivery!

Marty #119 and buying long johns!

Another reason: The SR22 has yet to be FAA certified. Presumably Cirrus will make an announcement or guesstimate on FAA certification at AOPA next month.

Sadly not the case.

ramping.

sr20 position, and then new orders. Until they know who wants to convert obviously they can’t give you an idea of where you are on the list.

much help.

everything, it was as though they are a separate company. Perhaps prodcuction and sales should

talk.

Come on… Please give those guys a break. Stop and think of what is going on. Training, takes time, and we sure can’t put the finger down and say I predict this will happen by this date. The amount of preparations and everything has to fall in place at the right time… I am very glad that Cirrus is turning airplanes out the door. I will respect the pain they must be going throught. I will be calm and wait. I want the perfect bird, I know they will call me when it is ready…

We all want the best. Let’s compliment them “Cirrus team” keep it rolling and be safe, don’t leave anything loose or missing, we want a great airplane.

Here is a good example.

Happen to me last week. I flew the Cheyenne to our shop to get new rubber. This was a two hour round trip. I took the airplane there because this people know what they are doing, the place is clean, everybody knows their business, you don’t have to come back to get it fixed again… Not cheap but I like their work. After I got back home I looked at the job that they did. Was not very happy, the wheels were dirty, washers were doubled in places were they were not supposed to be and so on. We sure don’t want this kind of production coming out of Cirrus. I think the Cheyenne has seen that shop for the last time. Think positive, our day will come. Have a happy Cirrus day.

Sadly not the case.

ramping.

much help.

talk.