SR22 Possible Purchase

In reply to:

Be careful about putting too much credence into the postings, there is a dispproportionate number of folks on the forum that either have more than their fair share of problems or have unrealistic expectations. Most of us fly the PFD with no issues. The forum can also be misleading because when we have a small problem, often it is posted for imput from other members.

Indeed!

Forming an opinion about reliability based on these threads is a lot like forming an opinion about pubic health based on what you see in the doctor’s waiting room!

• Mike.

Gang
I’m a retired AF pilot 3500 hrs in KC-135s, C-17s, C-12s. Green as grass in private aviation…30 hrs. FAA com/inst/single engine private. Need to commute from St Louis area to Altus OK weekly. Flown the Cirrus on this route and loved it. Flew Lancair didn’t like the fit and ergonomics.
I can afford the aircraft with a partner. But really need someone to talk me out of this…Are Cirrus MFD/PFDs reliable, what about resale…I’m falling in love with another airplane and I need someone to talk real world. How much will I really need to charge myself per hour? Who is the best insurance?
Thanks
Geno Redmon

In reply to:

The Ryan 9900BX TCAD is STC’d for the Cirrus.

All right! That is a beautiful piece of kit.