SR20 Starting

Any experience in starting the SR20, after the engine modification?

I find that after it initially starts, it sputters and almost quits.

Too much or too little prime? How about cold versus hot starts?

Andy

Andy

Andy,

Which “engine modification” are you talking about? If you’re talking about the “engine monitoring package” (i.e. EngineView), I have not noticed any difference in starting.

If you’re talking about the Continental SB regarding new drain plugs (for supposed easier winter-time starting), I have not had that done yet.

Is there some other “engine modification”?

[In general though, even on a warm day, I need to prime for 15-20 full seconds before going to boost and cranking, for the first start of the day. If I prime for only 10 seconds or so, the engine usually starts but it’s really rough and sputters for a little while]

Steve

HOT STARTS ARE IMMEDIATE!!!..BOOST, BOOST, BOOST…for get the PRIME! You’ll never sputter again (well the plane anyway!)

TC,

Don

Andy

Andy,

Which “engine modification” are you talking about? If you’re talking about the “engine monitoring package” (i.e. EngineView), I have not noticed any difference in starting.

If you’re talking about the Continental SB regarding new drain plugs (for supposed easier winter-time starting), I have not had that done yet.

Is there some other “engine modification”?

[In general though, even on a warm day, I need to prime for 15-20 full seconds before going to boost and cranking, for the first start of the day. If I prime for only 10 seconds or so, the engine usually starts but it’s really rough and sputters for a little while]

Steve