Questions

I’d appreciate any input on the following (SR20):

1. My autopilot (55X) all of a sudden is off 10 degrees in heading mode. Don’t know why.

2. Plane sputters upon starting. Problem started after I had “easier cold weather starting” modification on engine. What’s the best procedure for cold and hot start, with respect to priming, boost, and amount of throttle?

3. Having blackish soot from left exhaust pipe back to past luggage door - bottom and up slightly on side. Related to #2 above?

1. Plane sputters upon starting. Problem started after I had “easier cold weather starting” modification on engine. What’s the best procedure for cold and hot start, with respect to priming, boost, and amount of throttle?

Considering my plane is getting the drain-plug SB applied right now, I am especially curious about this – has anyone else suffered problems after applying this SB?

Also, has anyone actually tried starting in cold weather (say 20-30 degrees F) since this SB was applied? I guess it came out too late for last winter, but maybe someone in the southern hemisphere has had experience with cold starting during the current summer/winter?

Thanks!

Steve

747TG is just getting the new fuel nozzles - will go out on a longer XC next week and will report how it works when back.

Cheers,

Timm Preusser

I’d appreciate any input on the following (SR20):

1. My autopilot (55X) all of a sudden is off 10 degrees in heading mode. Don’t know why.
  1. Plane sputters upon starting. Problem started after I had “easier cold weather starting” modification on engine. What’s the best procedure for cold and hot start, with respect to priming, boost, and amount of throttle?
  1. Having blackish soot from left exhaust pipe back to past luggage door - bottom and up slightly on side. Related to #2 above?

but maybe someone in the southern hemisphere has had experience with cold starting during the current summer/winter?

AFAIK there are only two SR20s in the southern hemisphere, both based in Brisbane, where the temperature never goes below freezing, and neither of which has had the fuel drain mod performed, so there’s no feedback available from here!