SR20 Maintenance Experience - One Year

I recall seeing an inquiry about the cost of ownership.

Costs vary by location, owner, and hours flown.

As an eighteen year aircrat owner I figure mine for the SR20 as:

Fuel: $25/hr

Maint/accruals: $25/hr

Insurance: $25/hr

Hangar: $25/hr

My SR20 first year maintenance:

Reinstall door hinge pin with locking compound.

(Factory will replace with new safetied pin.)

Two oil changes (owner performed for under $70).

Replace two flap relays (factory supplied with offer to pay for installation - owner performed).

Replace nav light - owner performed.

Broken sun visor not replaced yet.

Battery maintenance - six ounces of distilled water added to battery by owner.

Soap and polish (The plane looks pretty good if the dirt is fairly evenly distributed the spinner is well polished).

My plane is at the factory for its annual inspection and I expect that most of the little squawks will be under warranty as they were previously reported under warranty.

My plane is at the factory for its annual inspection and I expect that most of the little squawks will be under warranty as they were previously reported under warranty.

Do annuals have to be done at the factory?

What do you expect to pay for the annual?

Thanks,

Tom

Annuals may be done by any inspection authorized mechanic.

My plane needed to be inspected for possible damage done during production.

No safety risk is involved but if there was damage, it could affect the life expectancy of the aircraft if not found and repaired.

The possible damage, I understand, is from sanding on the horizantal stabilizer damaging the surface of the fuselage.

Perhaps they could learn from seeing some of the early aircraft at the one year anniversary, but I have never talked to them about any squawk wihtout their already being aware of the problem existing out there.

Do annuals have to be done at the factory?

What do you expect to pay for the annual?

Thanks,

Tom