SR20/22 handling

I know there has been no official pirep yet. I also have yet to receive the new specs and prices from CD. I would like to know if any of you got the take off/ landing distance with 50 ft clearance and other performance specs in the C.D. letter. Also can we assume roughly the same handling between the 2 A/C, TO/Landing speed, surely a 310 HP should add quite some weight forward and increase an already high wing loading. Finaly will it take a lot of training to move from a 200 HP A/C to a 310 HP.

Jean Jacques

I know there has been no official pirep yet. I also have yet to receive the new specs and prices from CD. I would like to know if any of you got the take off/ landing distance with 50 ft clearance and other performance specs in the C.D. letter. Also can we assume roughly the same handling between the 2 A/C, TO/Landing speed, surely a 310 HP should add quite some weight forward and increase an already high wing loading. Finaly will it take a lot of training to move from a 200 HP A/C to a 310 HP.

The specs are with the letter. Takeoff distance over 50 ft obs is 1600 ft; Landing distance over 50 ft obs is 2300 ft. The stall speed w/full flaps is 59 KIAS vs. 54 for SR20. The SR22 wing is larger: wingspan is 38.25 ft vs. 35.5 ft, and wing area is 144.9 sq ft vs. 135.2 sq ft.

Thanks Janice for the quick feed back, I am surprised by the T.O. distance over 50 ft you indicated at 1600ft, it’s worse that for the SR 20 at 1341 ft.

Jean Jacques

oops, I got the wrong figure from an early spec sheet, TO distance over 50- Ft for the SR 20 is 1958 ft, so there is a small improvement with the SR 22.