SR20/22 Display Models - Update

Hello all

I have not been able to give anyone an update on the display models because at this point I am waiting on Cirrus to decide which company they want to have make them.

Ian Bentley was working with me on this matter but now the decision has been moved to Barb Whitney at Cirrus Design. I hope to hear from her this week or next. In the mean time there are wood models out there that many companies offer, see Mike Gibson Tues Aug 14th post. The wood models, I feel are OK, but Cirrus and I are working on having them made out of resin cast in 1:32nd scale with chrome spinners, custom colors, the works!

If you can hold on a few more weeks I hope to have availability and prices for everyone. I am still going to have the models offered through the COPA club too if possible.

If any of you have any questions please post or email me.

Thanks for your patients.

Jim SR20A #357

What’s the COPA club? Copa Cabana?

Hello all

I have not been able to give anyone an update on the display models because at this point I am waiting on Cirrus to decide which company they want to have make them.

Ian Bentley was working with me on this matter but now the decision has been moved to Barb Whitney at Cirrus Design. I hope to hear from her this week or next. In the mean time there are wood models out there that many companies offer, see Mike Gibson Tues Aug 14th post. The wood models, I feel are OK, but Cirrus and I are working on having them made out of resin cast in 1:32nd scale with chrome spinners, custom colors, the works!

If you can hold on a few more weeks I hope to have availability and prices for everyone. I am still going to have the models offered through the COPA club too if possible.

Jim SR20A #357

Jim,

Resin is good too but I know you are going to have a really hard time trying to find anyone to make each model with a custom paint job. I know all the companies that manufacture these types of model airplanes. Wesco and Pacmin are the largest resin manufactures, but they won’t do individualized custom painting.

I am offering you highly detailed custom models, and giving you a 10% discount. We guarantee 100% satisfaction or we’ll give you a full refund. What more could anyone want?

Look around, comparison shop, do what you feel necessary, but I guarantee you will won’t find a finer model anywhere. That’s a pretty bold statement on my part, but I am very confident that I am one of the few people that can supply you with good, consistent, accurate, one of a kind custom models.

Mike Gibson

Pacific Aircraft

Hello all

Jim SR20A #357

Hello all again

Just to answer a few quick questions. I have not seen Mike Gibson’s wood airplanes nor does this site or COPA endorse his products. Like many wood model companies out there, they all guaranty 100% or your money back. Most want $200 to $300 for their models. All are made in the Philippians and can take 3-4 months to get. Why COPA and Cirrus Design are looking into custom made resin is because of price, consistency, 4-6 week wait, and made here in the USA. I have no problem with Mike and his Pacific Aircraft company. I wish him well. Mike was asked not to advertise his products on this site but I blame myself for that because I gave him the address.

As for Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association (COPA), we were looking at offering custom models through our club. The club should be up and running in a month or so. Recently, however, Cirrus Design decided to take on the display model project and I hope to hear from them soon. If all goes well you will be able to buy a high quality resin display model through Cirrus in a few months.

Again, my advice to you is to sit tight. If you really want a wood model from the Philippians, good luck to you. Let us know how it turned out.

Jim #357

I am going to cantact Barb Whitney at Cirrus Design tomorrow. I will offer to send her our model for consideration. I’d like them to compare this model to what they have. I’d also love to hear their comments.

Mike

Hello all again

Just to answer a few quick questions. I have not seen Mike Gibson’s wood airplanes nor does this site or COPA endorse his products. Like many wood model companies out there, they all guaranty 100% or your money back. Most want $200 to $300 for their models. All are made in the Philippians and can take 3-4 months to get. Why COPA and Cirrus Design are looking into custom made resin is because of price, consistency, 4-6 week wait, and made here in the USA. I have no problem with Mike and his Pacific Aircraft company. I wish him well. Mike was asked not to advertise his products on this site but I blame myself for that because I gave him the address.

As for Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association (COPA), we were looking at offering custom models through our club. The club should be up and running in a month or so. Recently, however, Cirrus Design decided to take on the display model project and I hope to hear from them soon. If all goes well you will be able to buy a high quality resin display model through Cirrus in a few months.

Again, my advice to you is to sit tight. If you really want a wood model from the Philippians, good luck to you. Let us know how it turned out.

Jim #357

As for Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association (COPA), we were looking at offering custom models through our club. The club should be up and running in a month or so.

Hi Jim,

What is the status of the COPA ? Is it also being sponsored by Cirrus? Will all of us be contacted? We had previously “signed up” as interested but have not heard anything. Thanks.

Hi Jim,

What is the status of the COPA ? Is it also being sponsored by Cirrus? Will all of us be contacted? We had previously “signed up” as interested but have not heard anything. Thanks.

Hi Janice,

COPA - The Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association - is (almost) alive and well. A large group of very dedicated people has been hard at work to pull this together. We are independent of Cirrus Design, although we currently have, and hope to maintain, a very close working relationship.

We haven’t been posting about COPA because we didn’t want to promise anything until we know what we’ll deliver, but we’re very close now.

Look for a formal announcement on this forum very soon - within the next few days. We’ll provide a way for you to join, and we’ll be up and running shortly after the announcement.

• Mike.