Desktop Cirrus Model: Bulk order may save us all BIG$$$

Since a recent post I got to thinking, I bet a lot of us would like a nice desktop model of our Cirrus 20/22. The price on a high quality “custom” model, with your paint color, N number, etc. can be over $300. I got to thinking, If we pick a company we like, a bulk order may save us big bucks.

I did a little research on the internet and fund some surprising answers. Most of these quality wood carved “classic” models like B-17s, Boeing 727s, ect. we see in the stores,priced $99-150 because they are made in bulk. You want a Bonaza or Mooney made with your paint and its $300!

I emailed all the major wood carved model companies and fund most of them use manufacturers in the Philippines. After checking with the companies direct, I found they would build us some nice looking Cirrus models for around $30-60. Yes, these are the same models you see in the stores, and this is the money we would save buying direct. Now I see how much mark up goes on in our “Free Trade” world we live in.

Two companies said they would send me out prototypes to check proportions and accuracies prior to starting any large orders.

My question to all of you is, how many are intersted in this? We would need at least 100+ pilots interested to get the better price. The model could be in eithor 1:32 or 1:24th scale, you paint stripe color, 20/22, and a carved display base with your N number again with the Cirrus logo.

I recommend the 1:32 scale ( LENGTH=9.75", WS=13.28" )WS=14" for SR22.

If you are interested, and I am only getting information at this time, please email me. If you would, let me know if you have a partner or two, so I know if each of you would need a model, what scale you like best, if it would be a 20 or 22, and if you would like one right away or later on when you are closer to getting your plane.

Clyde and I talked about all this a bit, and if we find a company we really like we may place them on this site for later orders, advertising for them may even get us all an even better price.

Thanks, hope to hear from some of you.

Jim

(818) 366-7877

PS I will post a follow up in a week so every one knows where we are with this.

Since a recent post I got to thinking, I bet a lot of us would like a nice desktop model of our Cirrus 20/22. The price on a high quality “custom” model, with your paint color, N number, etc. can be over $300. I got to thinking, If we pick a company we like, a bulk order may save us big bucks.

I did a little research on the internet and fund some surprising answers. Most of these quality wood carved “classic” models like B-17s, Boeing 727s, ect. we see in the stores,priced $99-150 because they are made in bulk. You want a Bonaza or Mooney made with your paint and its $300!

I emailed all the major wood carved model companies and fund most of them use manufacturers in the Philippines. After checking with the companies direct, I found they would build us some nice looking Cirrus models for around $30-60. Yes, these are the same models you see in the stores, and this is the money we would save buying direct. Now I see how much mark up goes on in our “Free Trade” world we live in.

Two companies said they would send me out prototypes to check proportions and accuracies prior to starting any large orders.

My question to all of you is, how many are intersted in this? We would need at least 100+ pilots interested to get the better price. The model could be in eithor 1:32 or 1:24th scale, you paint stripe color, 20/22, and a carved display base with your N number again with the Cirrus logo.

If you are interested, and I am only getting information at this time, please email me. If you would, let me know if you have a partner or two, so I know if each of you would need a model, what scale you like best, if it would be a 20 or 22, and if you would like one right away or later on when you are closer to getting your plane.

Clyde and I talked about all this a bit, and if we find a company we really like we may place them on this site for later orders, advertising for them may even get us all an even better price.

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Jim,

I would be very interested in a model, especially at those prices. I didn’t see an email address for you, so am responding on the forum.

Doug Powell

doug.powell@rushgroup.com

I would spring for one. However, I am not at all artistic and would never be able to put my N number or stripes on it and be able to display it. Since there are only a few (relatively) colors and striping schemes, can we get them to do stardard Cirrus paint schemes and N numbers if we supply them? That will drive up prices, but for me it would be worth it. In fact I probably would not order if that option was not available as I would want to display it, but embarrassment would keep me from doing so :wink:

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Jim,

I would be interested in one as well my 2 other partners would be.

Clark #765

Count me in for 2 models. I would prefer the larger size.

Denis ncrowt8555@aol.com

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Hi Jim,

Great job! Count me in for 2 SR22 models.

Jeff

SR22 #085 N916LJ (8/20!)

Jim,

Thanks for the research. Count me in for 2 of the SR22’s.

Charles Kallassy

Jim

(818) 366-7877

I’m interested; would have a hard time doing the painting / striping / numbering myself so would also be interested in any quotes on doing that.

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Hi Jim,

I would like to get 2 models. Your suggestion of 1:32 scale makes sense. Let me know: 818-222-5000

Michael

NOTE: I think Jim made a typo in the paragraph above. He meant to say “…your paint stripe color…”

Jim

(818) 366-7877

Please add me to the list.

Andy

Jim

(818) 366-7877

I’m interested; would have a hard time doing the painting / striping / numbering myself so would also be interested in any quotes on doing that.

What Jim said…

• Mike.

I am also interested in a painted model

I am also interested in a painted model

I’ll take an SR20 painted model for myself.