SR 22 N234GR to be picked up on July 11,01

I will be in Duluth this wedensday to PU my SR 22.

Serial # 0050, FAA registration Number N234GR.

My insurance is through USAIG total 3800 dollars per year.( I have 1100 hours total, instrument license and 400 hours multi-engine)

The aircraft came in empty weight of 2256 LBS the aircraft is B model with no extra’s on top.( 1134 pounds of usefull load).

I will be based at sugarland airport in Houston, TX.

I am still looking for a 50% partner!

This site, and its members comulative knowledge, has been a great asset over the last few years.

I would love to join the “Cirrus owners association” when it is up and running.

I belive that cirrus will be the leading aircraft manufaturer in the coming decades, with a name recognition better then Piper and Cessna. this aircraft is a reveloution in this slow to change industry.

Two questions to the Forum:

1. what is the empty weight of other RECENT SR22?

2. Does cirrus has headsets tuned to the SR 22?

comment: The 10 gallons fuel imballance between wings limitation, is to my opinion, almost dangerous, it require the pilot to switch tanks evry 30 to 40 minuts, VERY EASY to over look, and forget when busy. Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under preassure.

sorry for my english , but it is my secoud language.

looking forward to wedensday!

Congrats on the plane!

Can’t answer any of your other questions, but can answer this one:

Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under pressure.

You should consider this purely a transition/ training issue. Becomes second nature very quickly. And then the capability is a huge plus, versus the indirect knowledge available for normal-style VOR navigation. Eg: do you need to know IMMEDIATELY your lat/long, like in an emergency? Just push one button on the 430 and you see it. Need to know immediately your position relative to any given VOR? Also can find it in about one second.

In a way, the 430 also has an answer to your concern about switching fuel tanks. You can set a wide variety of timed reminders on the 430 – I have one set to remind me to change tanks every so many minutes.

Again congrats!

My insurance is through USAIG total 3800 dollars per year.( I have 1100 hours total, instrument license and 400 hours multi-engine)

The aircraft came in empty weight of 2256 LBS the aircraft is B model with no extra’s on top.( 1134 pounds of usefull load).

This site, and its members comulative knowledge, has been a great asset over the last few years.

I belive that cirrus will be the leading aircraft manufaturer in the coming decades, with a name recognition better then Piper and Cessna. this aircraft is a reveloution in this slow to change industry.

1. Does cirrus has headsets tuned to the SR 22?

comment: The 10 gallons fuel imballance between wings limitation, is to my opinion, almost dangerous, it require the pilot to switch tanks evry 30 to 40 minuts, VERY EASY to over look, and forget when busy. Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under preassure.

Moses,

I picked up my SR22 3 weeks ago.

Practically speaking, the fuel imbalance is not such a big deal. I have not noticed a big difference.

Nevertheless, you can set up one Garmin 430 to give you a 30 minute reminder to switch fuel tanks. that simple.

I’ll have to look at my useful load. I do remember it being better than the published.

The SR22 is a wonderful airplane. If you park at any airport (even home base), you might as well leave the doors open. There’s lots of interest and curiosity. If you close it up, you’ll get lots of fingerprints.

Have fun.

Dan Benedict

We have been working feverishly on the GNS 430 simulator and ASA’s new “GPS Trainer” so that we’re up to speed when we pick up our plane. It can be mastered with lots of work! (We haven’t mastered it yet) I will admit the architecture is not all that intuitive, so it will take some practice doing a lot with just a couple of knobs. Plunge in and practice with the simulator. It will be worth the effort.

Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under preassure.

2250 s/n 17 “B” model w/stormscope and REIFF engine pre-heater.

comment: The 10 gallons fuel imballance between wings limitation, is to my opinion, almost dangerous, it require the pilot to switch tanks evry 30 to 40 minuts, VERY EASY to over look, and forget when busy.

The low wing will draw your attention to it. Otherwise either use one of the many clocks in the Garmins, tansponder or OAT Gauge (Garmin has an alarm) or birng you wife’s kitchen timer to remind you.

Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under preassure.

Have a great time in duluth.

Marty

My weight was 2231, I guess one of the lightest. Adam Nelson my wings aloft instructor programmed my 430 to give me a message every 15 minutes to switch tanks. I like the idea because it is a constant reminder and easy to cancel if I choose not to switch. Rick Kummerow

Well it is the evening on the 10th. You may have a hard time falling asleep just thinking about your new plane.

Good luck with your training and if you have an intrest please drop me an e-mail as I also live in Houston and hope to pick up my 22B in November of this year. I would love to see your new Cirrus.

Jim Awalt 713-937-3241 Serial #123.

Moses,

I will be at DLH Monday afternoon to pick-up 32MG.

I will look for you there.

I can’t wait either;-)))

Myron

PS I still have not sold my Archer III. Anybody out there want a super clean one??

Congrats on the plane!

Can’t answer any of your other questions, but can answer this one:

Other imperfection is the complexity of the 430. makes me nervous if I need to use it under pressure.

You should consider this purely a transition/ training issue. Becomes second nature very quickly. And then the capability is a huge plus, versus the indirect knowledge available for normal-style VOR navigation. Eg: do you need to know IMMEDIATELY your lat/long, like in an emergency? Just push one button on the 430 and you see it. Need to know immediately your position relative to any given VOR? Also can find it in about one second.

In a way, the 430 also has an answer to your concern about switching fuel tanks. You can set a wide variety of timed reminders on the 430 – I have one set to remind me to change tanks every so many minutes.

Again congrats!

Hi Jim

Thank you for your input.

moses grad

Moses,

I can’t wait either;-)))

Myron

PS I still have not sold my Archer III. Anybody out there want a super clean one??

Re: inbalance

10 gallons is about 40 minutes. Then you switch to the other tank. Now you have 20 gallons to work with, that’s about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Then you switch again. It’s not so bad!

Moses,

I can’t wait either;-)))

Myron

Hi Myron

will see you in Duluth, and like you I need do sell my C-340 ASAP. Its a great plane, but my heart belongs to the SR 22.

moses

Moses,

I can’t wait either;-)))

Myron

Re: inbalance

10 gallons is about 40 minutes. Then you switch to the other tank. Now you have 20 gallons to work with, that’s about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Then you switch again. It’s not so bad!

Hi Michael

You are correct, I didnt think about it that way, but the first switch is after 40 minuts and then every 1.3 hours.

Thank you

Moses

Moses,

Practically speaking, the fuel imbalance is not such a big deal. I have not noticed a big difference.

Nevertheless, you can set up one Garmin 430 to give you a 30 minute reminder to switch fuel tanks. that simple.

I’ll have to look at my useful load. I do remember it being better than the published.

The SR22 is a wonderful airplane. If you park at any airport (even home base), you might as well leave the doors open. There’s lots of interest and curiosity. If you close it up, you’ll get lots of fingerprints.

Have fun.

Dan Benedict

Hi dan

good advice on the timer, thank you! will it reset itsef for every flight or I will need to play with it prior to each flight?

moses

Moses,

Have fun.

Dan Benedict

Hi dan

good advice on the timer, thank you! will it reset itsef for every flight or I will need to play with it prior to each flight?

moses

It doesn’t reset after each flight. However, its not a problem. Just switch when it says to. You’ll never be out of balance, assuming you were in balance when you started!

We have been working feverishly on the GNS 430 simulator and ASA’s new “GPS Trainer” so that we’re up to speed when we pick up our plane. It can be mastered with lots of work! (We haven’t mastered it yet) I will admit the architecture is not all that intuitive, so it will take some practice doing a lot with just a couple of knobs. Plunge in and practice with the simulator. It will be worth the effort.

Thank you for your input.

moses

My weight was 2231, I guess one of the lightest. Adam Nelson my wings aloft instructor programmed my 430 to give me a message every 15 minutes to switch tanks. I like the idea because it is a constant reminder and easy to cancel if I choose not to switch. Rick Kummerow

Rick: How do you program the 430 to give the switch tanks message? Give it to me step by step if you know?

Thanks, Stuart