SR-22 Delivery date?

I hold SR-22 position #175 and have just been told by Cirrus to expect delivery in late March, 2002. Does that comport with what other position holders near me are hearing? Thanks.

Bill #175

I hold SR-22 position #175 and have just been told by Cirrus to expect delivery in late March, 2002. Does that comport with what other position holders near me are hearing? Thanks.

Bill #175

Jeff is picking up SR22 #85 at the end of this month. There are 90 airplanes between his and yours. Stated intentions are to go half and half between the end of August and January 2002, which will be roughly 10/month for four months = 40. Then, in January, they double production and go to 20/month, so about 50 through March, which seems to correlate with your promised date.

I’ve got #234, so that would put me 3 months behind you, so late June 2002. Contract date is the end of May. I would be very surprised and pleased if it all worked out that way!

Gordon

Bill #175

My position is very close to yours and I have been given the same delivery date. Let’s both hope that we are not delayed. On the other hand, have you ever been in nothern Minnesota in the winter? Maybe a few weeks would late wouldn’t be all bad?

Bill: I have #144 promised for February 2002.

I have now paid all progress payments. I am still waiting for option specification package by mail.

Bill #175

My position is very close to yours and I have been given the same delivery date. Let’s both hope that we are not delayed. On the other hand, have you ever been in nothern Minnesota in the winter? Maybe a few weeks would late wouldn’t be all bad?

Duluth is in the tropical zone, due to its proximity to Lake Superior, so you’ll be very comfy, at least compared to the interior.

A friend and I actually went to north central MN (Grand Rapids) last February to vacation there–three days of snowmobiling. When it broke zero (F) on the last day, it was really too hot, I was sweating and my visor kept fogging up. -15F is just about right (then add 50mph of wind chill and you understand why the handgrips put out about 10000 BTU of heat.)

The locals have strategically positioned bars out in the boonies so that you can top off your antifreeze every hour or two (parking lots with two pickup trucks and 50 snowmobiles.)

All this comes highly recommended, but do dress appropriately.

Duluth is in the tropical zone, due to its proximity to Lake Superior, so you’ll be very comfy, at least compared to the interior.

Tropical zone?? Har-Har.
I just spoke with one of the chief honchos from Winds Aloft regarding training here in California vs Duluth. He noted that there could be training delays in Duluth due to ICE which the 22 does not “handle well” ie training delays. Keep that in mind when you plan your your factory training location.