Show of hand

There should be enough of us who received scheduled delivery dates by now to show a hand of who ordered what options.

I received the letter today, stating 9/15/2000 for position#69. I ordered “C” plus leather. What about the rest of you guys?

Maybe it’s not fair for me to vote, since my chance is still hundreds away, but if I had to do it now I’d go:

– B model;

– dual alternators;

– leather;

– 2 blade prop (weight, cost, plane is sexy enough without it).

But of course I’ll probably do something entirely different when the time comes. I’d love to hear from people who have put their actual money down.

B model

dual alternator

leather

3-blade prop

stormscope

Will you post a list of the info?

How about including delivered planes too?

I’ve been surprised by the number of A and B packages selected with leather and 3-blade.

I would have gone with C package ahead of those options though they are both great.

There should be enough of us who received scheduled delivery dates by now to show a hand of who ordered what options.

I received the letter today, stating 9/15/2000 for position#69. I ordered “C” plus leather. What about the rest of you guys?

I am some distance off at #249, but I will be going with the Jim Fallows Autograph Model :slight_smile: [how much are the decals?]:

*B configuration

*leather seats (2-year old son can’t grind french fries into these too easily)

*dual alternator

*2-blade prop (he’ll be at least three and a half by then and I’ll want the extra 20 lbs useful load)

Yankee Flying Club (#78)

Option B

Leather seats

Three bladed prop

delivery 9/15/00

Position 91, comfirmed B package, leather, 3 blade prop, stormscope.

I’m #60 something (originally contract #67) and have opted for “C” plus leather. I’ve noticed that quite a few of you have ordered the 3-blade prop. I like the looks of it, and I understand that it meets the European noise standard, but I don’t see why anyone would want 15 nonfunctional pounds hanging on the front of an airplane. Can anyone give me a rationale for ordering the 3-blade prop?
hanging on the nose of an airplane.

With a high number you may get a carbon fiber fuselage, FADEC, and turbo-charging for a 190 knit cruise on 10 gph and 1100 lb useful load with a composite prop.

Perhaps a turbo diesel.

Maybe it’s not fair for me to vote, since my chance is still hundreds away, but if I had to do it now I’d go:

– B model;

– dual alternators;

– leather;

But of course I’ll probably do something entirely different when the time comes. I’d love to hear from people who have put their actual money down.

– B model;

– dual alternators;

– leather;

Sorely undecided BTW “A” (Altitude Hold & Leather)

or “B” (leather, dual Alt). Leaning on the “B”.

2 Blades for me, can’t live with the 20lb. penalty (I need for my wife’s make-up kit!!)

I am very much interested in the Diesel. I could not find anything out @ SnF. Do you think it will happen by #324? Can you elaborate on Carbon fiber? Thanks for the great reports. Keep it up…
My choice is to have the factory install everything I want. I trust they have more experience then anyone else and they have a reputation to keep.

With a high number you may get a carbon fiber fuselage, FADEC, and turbo-charging for a 190 knit cruise on 10 gph and 1100 lb useful load with a composite prop.

Perhaps a turbo diesel.

– B model;

– dual alternators;

– leather;

In the spirit of the Judeo-Christian holidays of the moment, I can only say: from your lips to God’s ears.

I am very much interested in the Diesel. I could not find anything out @ SnF. Do you think it will happen by #324? Can you elaborate on Carbon fiber? Thanks for the great reports. Keep it up…

I understand that Cirrus is looking at the Renault diesel engine. The idea is for Renault to sell the unit in europe for a year before it comes to the USA.

Two reasons for this:

a) Any mechanical problems are more easily fixed closer to home

b) The US has more lawyers than Europe has people (ok, slight exageration)therefore Renault would like to not jump into the liability fray with a new product.

Speculating here, the 500’s and up might see it as an option.

My vote for options:

“C” model and leather. Two blade prop (I need the extra twenty pounds for me)

Might drop back to the “B” with an extra alternator (or is that standard on a “B”?). The HSI makes an ILS a breeze but with the moving map, it is not really needed for navigation.

I fly a 210 with a non IFR gps without an HSI and I don’t even miss it. (By the way, the 210 has RNAV so I can file direct. However, my non IFR GPS is so accurate I don’t even bother with the RNAV. Yeah, yeah, the FAA is going to kick my butt if they catch me.)

Bruce Gunter (Cirrus Salesman) flies an “A” model like Walt’s. He uses the 2nd GPS/COM (GNC250) for radios only. This makes me think that an extra 430 might be too much redundancy. The 430 over a 420 with the ARNAV provides a bunch of information.

If the SR 22 is available and “reasonable” I might consider it, but I won’t pay a whole lot more for 20 knots. Maybe $20 to 30 K over the “C”

A news item in a March issue of Aviation Week magazine said that a new pilot plant to produce low-cost carbon fibers is in production and estimates a “long-term cost” at a fraction of current costs - less than $3 per lb.

Since CD already uses prepreg fiberglass, manufacturing techniques would not change greatly although there would be significant testing and approval expense.

An Aviation Week article estimated the cost of carbon fiber might fall below

My choice is to have the factory install everything I want. I trust they have more experience then anyone else and they have a reputation to keep.

Perhaps a turbo diesel.

– B model;

– dual alternators;

– leather;

C, leather, stormscope, 3 blades.

ditto

hedging on the nexrad interface… 1/2 of the US is not enough… :frowning:

ditto

Put me down for “C” with Stormscope, Leather and 2 Blades (Mario must be married to my wife! - see his comment.) At least that is what I expect to order when I get my package in a few months.

I will also request the upgraded Garmin transponder, 327 I think. the jurry is still out on engine monitoring and Wx uplink. I really would like some sort of fuel totalizer, so I may go with the engine monitoring.

CD says that the most popular package is overwhelmingly the “C”.

Has CD quoted a cost to upgrade from the GTX320 to the GTX327 transponder?

I’d love to trade up my 320 to a 327 if anyone doesn’t like their 327.

ditto

Put me down for “C” with Stormscope, Leather and 2 Blades (Mario must be married to my wife! - see his comment.) At least that is what I expect to order when I get my package in a few months.

I will also request the upgraded Garmin transponder, 327 I think. the jurry is still out on engine monitoring and Wx uplink. I really would like some sort of fuel totalizer, so I may go with the engine monitoring.

CD says that the most popular package is overwhelmingly the “C”.

Has CD quoted a cost to upgrade from the GTX320 to the GTX327 transponder?

I’d love to trade up my 320 to a 327 if anyone doesn’t like their 327.

No. They haven’t even committed even being able to offer me the upgrade. I’ve gotten 2 different unofficial answers. I really would like it. I don’t care that much for the timer, but the VFR button is great!.

I don’t think it is a swapable item. I may be wrong (it wouldn’t be the first time), but I think it has a seperate tray.

Good luck. If you find out anything, I’d love to hear.