Show of hand

C model, leather, 3 blades and stormscope

Has CD quoted a cost to upgrade from the GTX320 to the GTX327 transponder?

I’d love to trade up my 320 to a 327 if anyone doesn’t like their 327.

No. They haven’t even committed even being able to offer me the upgrade. I’ve gotten 2 different unofficial answers. I really would like it. I don’t care that much for the timer, but the VFR button is great!.

I don’t think it is a swapable item. I may be wrong (it wouldn’t be the first time), but I think it has a seperate tray.

Good luck. If you find out anything, I’d love to hear.

The S-TEC 55 has vertical speed but not altitude preselect so the GTX327 timer could be used well with the vertical speed setting as an altitude intercept alerter.

The two models have the same dimensions and weight.

I would be surprised if it wasn’t a slide-out slide-in replacement.

Has CD quoted a cost to upgrade from the GTX320 to the GTX327 transponder?

I’d love to trade up my 320 to a 327 if anyone doesn’t like their 327.

No. They haven’t even committed even being able to offer me the upgrade. I’ve gotten 2 different unofficial answers. I really would like it. I don’t care that much for the timer, but the VFR button is great!.

I don’t think it is a swapable item. I may be wrong (it wouldn’t be the first time), but I think it has a seperate tray.

Good luck. If you find out anything, I’d love to hear.

There should be enough of us who received scheduled delivery dates by now to show a hand of who ordered what options.

I received the letter today, stating 9/15/2000 for position#69. I ordered “C” plus leather. What about the rest of you guys?

Position 91, comfirmed B package, leather, 3 blade prop, stormscope.

“A” config; S-TEC 30; leather; 3-blade

Bill Graham wrote:

I don’t see why anyone would want 15 nonfunctional pounds hanging on the front of an airplane. Can anyone give me a rationale for ordering the 3-blade prop?

1. It’s quieter, both inside the cabin and out. That’s definitely worth having.

2. It offers extra ground clearance - only an inch, but that’s still good.

Whether those things are worth the extra weight is a personal decision.

The ground clearance might be worth considering if operating out of unimproved airstrips, otherwise it seems to me that the 2-blade offers plenty of room to prevent ground strikes. The cabin noise problem is, I believe, totally mitigated by the Lightspeed headsets one model of which I understand has been engineered to cancel out Cirrus SR20 noise. I always wear a headset when I fly; it safer an less fatiguing.

I also believe that the 3-blade will come with a slight penalty in cruise. I like to go fast. So, unless I become convinced otherwise and order the 3-blade, I expect to be slowly inching ahead of you 3-bladers.

Bill Graham wrote:

I don’t see why anyone would want 15 nonfunctional pounds hanging on the front of an airplane. Can anyone give me a rationale for ordering the 3-blade prop?

1. It’s quieter, both inside the cabin and out. That’s definitely worth having.
  1. It offers extra ground clearance - only an inch, but that’s still good.

Whether those things are worth the extra weight is a personal decision.

I also believe that the 3-blade will come with a slight penalty in cruise.

Cirrus say otherwise - the cruise speed is identical with either prop. So that’s not an issue.

Although in theory, the fewer blades the better the prop efficiency, which is why control-line racers use single-blade props, there are many variables that can alter this relationship.

Oh, you wanna know how you can have a single-blade prop? There’s a counterweight on the opposite side for static balance. Dynamic balance is still hopeless, of course.