PRODUCTION

Has anyone out there with production numbers in the mid to upper 100’s; mid to upper 200’s; and mid to upper 300’s, have an idea on time frame for delivery? I am number 396, CD has said Oct.- Nov. However, I have noticed, according to the CD web site they have delivered NO airplanes since the first SR22; more than a week. Obviousley they are going through some growing pains, but I didn’t expect deliveries to stop. I wish CD would keep its customers more informed, any thoughts?

Has anyone out there with production numbers in the mid to upper 100’s; mid to upper 200’s; and mid to upper 300’s, have an idea on time frame for delivery? I am number 396, CD has said Oct.- Nov. However, I have noticed, according to the CD web site they have delivered NO airplanes since the first SR22; more than a week. Obviousley they are going through some growing pains, but I didn’t expect deliveries to stop. I wish CD would keep its customers more informed, any thoughts?
I also wish they would . I dont think they know yet .They are suppose to let us know as I remember we were supose to be told on deliverys and useful load then.As the last I was told mid in Jan May 15 was going to be mine From Don #215

Don’t panic. I am sure they don’t update their website every day. They have better things to do than play with the website.

Has anyone out there with production numbers in the mid to upper 100’s; mid to upper 200’s; and mid to upper 300’s, have an idea on time frame for delivery? I am number 396, CD has said Oct.- Nov.

Mike-

Just to give you info from the “other side” of delivery time, I recently asked the folks at Cirrus when I could predict delivery of contract #414. They placed me right on the edge between Dec. 2001 and Jan. 2002. Either way it will be a cold training flight!

Kevin

Lack of $$$.They did cut loose alot in duluth where they are really needed for final production.Cirrus has been running 2-3 million a month in cost to make these things.That burns up fast.Man hours per plane over 3,000.They need to get that down alot if they ever want to make a buck. -j

I have talked to CD today about position No 219 and was told that it might be June/July instead of May. However , they promissed to send an update before end of the week.

Klaus

I also wish they would . I dont think they know yet .They are suppose to let us know as I remember we were supose to be told on deliverys and useful load then.As the last I was told mid in Jan May 15 was going to be mine From Don #215

Does Cessna or Newpiper ever give any production data ? Or don’t they sell planes anymore since Cirrus hit the market or are we just spoiled with their website and update about production …

The number by christmas was 98 and increased at once to 106 and than at once to 112 so maybe the pay the website folks less to cut the cost…

Groeten,

Jaap

Cirrus has been running 2-3 million a month in cost to make these things.That burns up fast.Man hours per plane over 3,000.<

This is very interesting info. Even at the federal minimum wage, 3000 hours would practically amount to the retail price of an A-model SR20 – to say nothing whatsoever of costs for the engine, avionics, overhead, insurance, or any other component. Or the fact that they’re not paying minimum wage.

So can you give us an idea of where this figure comes from, please? Informed guess from outside the company? Or do you have an inside source of knowledge? As I mentioned in another query, to help the rest of us judge these very specific points you’re making about Cirrus’s economic future, it would be very useful to know what their basis is. Thank you, Jim Fallows

Jim,

I can’t follow your calculation. The retail price of the A model is 198K divided by 3000 equals 66$ Is this the minimum wage in the US? I can hardly believe that, there must be a mistake somewhere. Pls consider that I am Swiss and therefore unknowledgeable about US standards, but common sense tells me that 66$ is too high as a minimum.

BTW, Jim, the numbers stated by Jeff seem to be realistic as CD has stated approx. 2300 labor hours as goal for the end of 2001. This is according to the most recent investment prospectus.

Other than that I concur with you that it would be interesting to know where Jeff’s info is coming from.

cheers,

Placido

Cirrus has been running 2-3 million a month in cost to make these things.That burns up fast.Man hours per plane over 3,000.<

This is very interesting info. Even at the federal minimum wage, 3000 hours would practically amount to the retail price of an A-model SR20 – to say nothing whatsoever of costs for the engine, avionics, overhead, insurance, or any other component. Or the fact that they’re not paying minimum wage.

So can you give us an idea of where this figure comes from, please? Informed guess from outside the company? Or do you have an inside source of knowledge? As I mentioned in another query, to help the rest of us judge these very specific points you’re making about Cirrus’s economic future, it would be very useful to know what their basis is. Thank you, Jim Fallows

3000 Hours… So can you give us an idea of where this figure comes from,

(I heard it out of alan klap’s mouth.) Alot of the employees who start with cirrus have never worked in this type of stuff so it takes time to train also repairs take time. it all adds up.When they went to 2 shifts they expected things to go faster.That cost alot of money to run 2 shifts.It helped a bit.Now time will tell where this all goes.You talked about extra weight?

Sorry, Placido, you’re absolutely right – slipped a digit in quick calculations.

With this quick “ooops” retraction out of the way, still curious to know whether we’re getting inside accounts, or what.

3000 Hours… So can you give us an idea of where this figure comes from,

(I heard it out of alan klap’s mouth<

Again, I apologize for the 3000-hour question. My mistake.

But would you please answer this question directly: do you work for Cirrus, or have you recently worked there? That is the obvious implication of your recent messages (though not some earlier ones), and in fairness to those reading them and wondering how to judge them, it’s worth knowing whether that is actually so.

I’m not trying to pry into your personal life. But you’re positioning yourself as the conduit of the inside realities from Cirrus, and it’s fair for the rest of us to know the basis on which you speak. thank you, jim fallows

But would you please answer this question directly: do you work for Cirrus, or have you recently worked there? That is the obvious implication of your recent messages (though not some earlier ones), and in fairness to those reading them and wondering how to judge them, it’s worth knowing whether that is actually so.

I’m not trying to pry into your personal life. But you’re positioning yourself as the conduit of the inside realities from Cirrus, and it’s fair for the rest of us to know the basis on which you speak. thank you, jim fallows

I would love to disclose the info but Cirrus would get me for talking.As employees we are told to keep our mouth shut.If not they can throw the book at me.I believe in free speech though. -j

Don’t panic. I am sure they don’t update their website every day. They have better things to do than play with the website.

Cirrus Aircraft Deliveries: 115

The way it looks I’d say a good 1-2 month delay. -jeff