Problems - Wingtip lights & gear fairing trim loose

Anyone else have these problems?

One of my wingtip light units was noticeably loose and the other needed tightening today.

I suggest checking them with a screwdriver - the metal is extremely light and probably reformed some with vibration. They seemed to tighten up fine.

The black plastic u-channel trim on the gear leg fairings keep coming loose. I’m getting good at putting them back in place but it seems to me that they should have been glued on or glued on better.

I know that Cirrus has an officious multipart form for reporting things like this but if they were really serious about knowing about problems they would take them as email.

Hopefully they will pull it from here.

Wouldn’t those black plastic pieces on the gear legs look better in white?

Anyone else have these problems?

One of my wingtip light units was noticeably loose and the other needed tightening today.

I suggest checking them with a screwdriver - the metal is extremely light and probably reformed some with vibration. They seemed to tighten up fine.

I’ve had no problems with wing tip lighting.

The black plastic u-channel trim on the gear leg fairings keep coming loose. I’m getting good at putting them back in place but it seems to me that they should have been glued on or glued on better.

THIS IS A PROBLEM. My have always falling off. I recently had Del Monte Aviation folks apply new strips with adhesive and they seem to stay. Realize that the black strips have an adhesive in them. However, when you put them on they are supposed to stay. If they are removed and then reapplied they do not stay put.

I know that Cirrus has an officious multipart form for reporting things like this but if they were really serious about knowing about problems they would take them as email.

Agreed. Mike Busch is supposed to be getting direct email capability soon and that should improve communication with Cirrus. Mike seems fairly responsive, but time will tell wheither Cirrus will be able to staff up to support and ever increasing customer base. Let’s hope.

Hopefully they will pull it from here.

Wouldn’t those black plastic pieces on the gear legs look better in white?
Toss up for me, but whit would look cleaner.