fuel tank leaks

Has anyone had any problems with leaks from their fuel tanks. I had work done to repair a bad fuel gauge several times until they finally fixed it. Now the right tank is leaking fuel. Cirrus thinks it is from a gasket or connection that was worked on repairing the gauge. Has anyone had the fairing strip underneath the plane at the wing root removed and replaced. How did it look when they got it back on. It is on by tape double sided. The gasoline melted the glue and tape.

Dick,

I also am having fuel leak problems coming from the right fuel tank sender unit where it attaches to the tank. My wing gap seal is also loosened and will need to be fixed. Have you thought about using some type of contact glue to reattach the gap seal? My right tank leak has yet to be completely controlled and will most likely require removal of the sender unit and resealing to fix. No problems with the left tank yet.

Lyall

Has anyone had any problems with leaks from their fuel tanks. I had work done to repair a bad fuel gauge several times until they finally fixed it. Now the right tank is leaking fuel. Cirrus thinks it is from a gasket or connection that was worked on repairing the gauge. Has anyone had the fairing strip underneath the plane at the wing root removed and replaced. How did it look when they got it back on. It is on by tape double sided. The gasoline melted the glue and tape.

Exact same problem happened with my cirrus. :frowning:

Leak via the fuel sender gasket, dripped down to the wing root to the fairing which came unglued. Top Gun stuck it back on with double stick tape and it kinda bubbles and has come loose again. :frowning: