bonding

At AOPA I noticed that the SR20 N174CD still has a problem with the bonding of the fairing at the left wing root, and staining all around that area. I thought this problem had been resolved awhile ago and was quite suprised that Cirrus would exhibit an aircraft in that condition.

John

I AGREE…ALSO, ARE YOU AWARE THAT CIRRUS USES A 2 BY 4 PIECE OF WOOD AS THE INTERIOR OF THEIR LANDING GEAR…YES WOOD.DID THE SALES PEOPLE EVER SAY ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ABOUT THAT WE DOUBT IT…OR THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT ITS WINDSHIELD …THE TRUTH ABOUT THE GLASS…THE TRUTH ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS …SOMEONE GET A INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER ABOUT THERE FINANCING AND THESE ISSUES POSTED ABOVE…

john,thank you for your previous post,and yes i will ask qustions before continuing my interest with cirrus.

Guys, don’t even bother responding to this person’s messages - the series of anonymous messages were all posted by the same person making a lame attempt to seem to be different (FWIW, I doubt it’s Jeff - he could spell better!). This is what is known on the internet as a troll - an attempt to spark heated discussion by making outrageous statements, for no other reason than to get a reaction.

Clyde

A simple question left unanswered. N174CD, as exhibited at AOPA, had a loose piece of plastic on the underside of the left wing next to the a/c body, that presumably covers the joining of the wing to the fuselage.
Was this part of the original bonding problem & has it been corrected/solved?

John

Post deleted by Bill_Dobson

i heard from another anonomous post that cirrus uses wood 2by 4 ers for its landing gear interior is this true???

To the critical “anonymous posters” I am very sorry that Mooney is bankcrupt, or that Lancair can’t produce airplanes… and your feeling really insecure about your job and the company that you presently work for. But please don’t take it out on Cirrus customers. Maybe if you would be willing to move up to “Gods” country (Duluth) you might be able to get a job at a GREAT company up there.

As for the bonding on the fairing…I have owned and have about 175 hours in an SR20, and more recently around 75 hours in my new SR22. On both aircraft there have been minor issues with the fairing bonding. In both cases my local FBO (also a Cirrus Service Center in MKG) has repaired the problem. I have also had other minor imperfections with both planes.

One thing that did make me feel better however was when an AP/IA at Dulles Aviation in Manassas, VA did the pre-buy inspection for the purchaser of my SR20. He was experienced, very knowledgeable, painfully thorough and critical of several things regarding my SR20. After reciting a somewhat long list of superficial, and yes even a couple of design flaws, I began to feel myself losing a sale. The buyer was listening to the same diatribe as I was. Upon his completion of the inspection, I nervously asked him what he thought of the plane. After his earlier criticism his response surprised me, he said that he thought it was an awesome airplane and said the Cirrus had far less sqwawks than even the best new Cessna he’d ever seen (They were a Cessna Dealer and service center). And that really surprised him because Cessna had been making basically the same airplanes for more than twenty years. He believed that the flaws seemed relatively minor, and that it was an excellent aircraft. He said that he anticipated seeing a lot more Cirrus’ in the future and would like to become a Cirrus service center.

The point?..They’re not perfect, but they’re closer than anything else out there. I have literally loved both my 20 and 22, and have gotten spoiled. I also appreciate the attitude of the Company towards their product, and need for continual improvement.

If Cirrus wasn’t doing such a great job, other companies wouldn’t be compelled to spew out bullshit about Arabs or landing gear made from 2X4’s, and remain anonymous.

It had to happen — “Jeff” (well known to users of the sr20.org forum) is back, or at least his protein equivalent. Next we’ll be hearing about the Communist sympathizers that are infiltrating Duluth (http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~airboy/cirrusrevolution.jpgclick here for an example).

very interesting. i read sometime ago about there financing with a mid eastern bank group,my bet is the fbi etc is doing a lot of follow up with that .

it would seem that you are an investor with cirrus and have something to lose. i,m not jeff,but i am a potential customer who is going to start asking a lot of questions about how they do buisness with the middle east and about this aircraft.i plan to start by asking the F.B.I. questions about cirrus and there operations with financing etc etc .

i am very interested in this information,thank you

Ask all of ther questions that make you feel comfortable, but as the new owner of an SR22, I have NO regrets about my expenditure. I flew a new A36 back from Airways last week after I dropped my plane off to have the engine monitoring installed…sure glad that I kept that other $320K in my pocket rather than giving it to Beech!

FWIW I might also point out that the landing gear is about the most robust thing that you will find on any fixed gear plane flying today…doesn’t matter if it is wood or fiberglass or aluminum or jello…

No regrets here…NONE!

Paul White
N925PW

it would seem that you are an investor with cirrus and have something to lose.
An interesting hypothesis, but quite untrue. I’m merely an SR20 position holder (and, after 1/25/02, a co-owner!).
i am a potential customer who is going to start asking a lot of questions about how they do buisness with the middle east and about this aircraft.i plan to start by asking the F.B.I. questions about cirrus and there operations with financing etc etc

Ask away! But first you might want to consider using the “search” function on this forum to see the extensive discussion that has taken place on this topic. And then I hope you’ll buy a Cirrus — not because I’m an investor and have anything to gain from your purchase (I’m not and I don’t), but because I know that you’ll love the airplane.

Cheers,
Roger

Did you know that Commander Aircraft in OK. is partially owned by a Kuwaiti company. The shock and horror. People lets not get hysterical, cautious yes, hysterical no.

This is not Jeff. Jeff makes more sense.

Clyde,

You’re exactly right — this is one troll that we should all ignore (unlike the http://www.shrek.com/igallery/large_images/800x600/Sherk_Donkey_800.jpggood trolls).

Cheers,
Roger

CLYDE, IN THE STATES WE REFER TO THIS TYPE OF PERSON AS “A DICKHEAD”…ED

it is obvious that you along with a few others are very uncomfortable what various agencies may uncover about this cirrus deal with mid eastern banking groups.do your homework,ask lots of questions.it is very refreshing to see that there are people on this chat and others that are starting to ask questions about cirrus and its connections with there mid eastern connections

Let’s cut through all the crap. This forum apparently doesn’t differentiate between non COPA posters, listing them all as anonymous.

I posted the original comment about N174CD as exhibited at AOPA because in showing my wife the plane, I noticed a glue/bonding problem at the underside of the left wing, and asked a simple question askimg if theis was the same problem discussed in the past.

I have nothing to do with the garbage posted in the last few days - either by another “anoynmous” or various COPA members, and don’t wish to be confused with anyone of them
I placed my deposit in 11/99 (#474), still have almost a year to wait AND am VERY interested as to whether what I saw is/was a problem. I pointed out the problem to one of theCirrus Badge wearers & got a shrug of the shoulder & no answer. At the Cirrus party My wife & I were talking to W>Conley (2nd floor by the bar) & I forgot to ask the question of A.K.

I am very disappointed at the reaction/comments of the COPA postings & hope they are not typical of what is on the member’s side… If you disagree with what you think is a “Trolling” ignore it.
As for my original question, if you know anything about it, I’m still interested in the answer

John Dolan #474