Plane Page Puzzle?

Clyde or others,

Walt is Position #1 and Serial #1005 (Position+4)

Chis is #2 and Ser. #1006 (Pos.+4) So far so good.

Robin Taylor is Pos.#11 and Serial #1011(now same)

with only 5 total planes(cust+demo) after Chris #2

- Did Cirrus issue position #'s to their

planned demos? Even if so, where are the

missing customers? Maybe Robin was Pos. #7

and therefore still Position + 4 = Serial #

Then Chris Blake is #13, 8 planes after Robin #11?

or maybe 8 planes after Robin at #5(without demos)

Futhermore, Chris B is 6 serial numbers above his position # while I have been told by Cirrus that later serial # will be below their position # ???

Does anyone have a clear idea how this works?

Thanks,

Scott k.

In short, no. I’ve been trying to figure it out, and the position #s quoted in the planes page are those given to me by the customers, but some of them seem a big vague :slight_smile:

There is also the possibility that there were some cancellations. I do believe that demo planes had position numbers allocated, and AFAIK the original intent was that serial numbers would correspond to position numbers, but I guess this is hard to maintain.

I have heard that Sam Johnson declined position #13, and it became a demo instead, which would make him #14, which corresponds to serial 1014, as does Robin Taylor with #11 and s/n 1011. But Chris Blake told me he had #13, which makes no sense at all. And I am assured by Cirrus that s/n 1015 through 1019 are all customer deliveries.

So, Chris (B), were you really given position #13 or what?

Thanks,

Scott k.

Scott,

I got a letter from Cirrus in response to a a request to clarify it. The letter somewhat clarifies things. See the http://www.sr20.org/planes/Planes page for more information.

Clyde

So, Chris (B), were you really given position #13

In October 1995 I was given position #53. In February 1997, due to people dropping out, I was moved up to #23. In February 1998 I moved to #22. In June 1999 I was told verbally that I was #13 (I assumed that the wait was really getting to people). Today I went back and looked at the paperwork and can’t find anything that says 13. The most recent papers say plane 22, serial #1019. Perhaps the 13 was a misquote. Regardless, my official delivery date is February 16, 2000. Ian was kind enough to send me some photos of the plane on the line (wings/yes,engine/no). What a blast to see my n-number on the side of a Cirrus!

A side note: Insurance on this plane, for a student pilot, is EXPENSIVE!

ok, we live in the s.f. bay area please explain expensive. SHOW ME A NUMBER! and who did you insure through? Did cirrus help with the insurance or are you on your own?

So, Chris (B), were you really given position #13

In October 1995 I was given position #53. In February 1997, due to people dropping out, I was moved up to #23. In February 1998 I moved to #22. In June 1999 I was told verbally that I was #13 (I assumed that the wait was really getting to people). Today I went back and looked at the paperwork and can’t find anything that says 13. The most recent papers say plane 22, serial #1019. Perhaps the 13 was a misquote. Regardless, my official delivery date is February 16, 2000. Ian was kind enough to send me some photos of the plane on the line (wings/yes,engine/no). What a blast to see my n-number on the side of a Cirrus!

A side note: Insurance on this plane, for a student pilot, is EXPENSIVE!