Had to sign a letter this morning giving CD permission to assign my reserved N-number to my aircraft (position #56). Thought there was a typo as the letter states they’ve assigned me s/n 1056; all previous documentation I’d received indicated 1053.
I called CD and they indicated that the s/n for my position had been changed as they were “slipping in a couple of demonstrators”.
I suppose this is good news for the vast majority of us who have not made the trek to DLH for a demo ride but of course any additional delay, even if only a couple of weeks, doesn’t feel great.
I feel your pain, (I’m with ya man!) but isn’t this proof that you can’t please all of the people all of the time? After weeks of us whining about wanting our demo flights & certification of additional options (Gross weight increase, engine monitoring Garmin 327 transponder, etc.), they appear to listen, make an effort to produce another few Demonstrators/test aircraft.
What do we do? We complain about a potential 1 week delay in delivery! (10 acft per month = 2+ per week)
Rezo - Do you think this could be why CD doesn’t jump through hoops every time one of us offers a suggestion?
Joe: What number are you? Im hoping to get N191KM late this fall, before Duluth freezes over for the winter.
Marty (#119 - (Hoping and buying long johns)