Clarification of position number

I have a question concerning position numbers refered to in these forums.

My purchase agreement was executed in October, 1999. I have purchase agreement #457. When Cirrus called me they said my plane would be #394 of the production line.

Are the position numbers refered to in this website purchase agreement numbers or production line numbers?

Also, I am curious as to why the difference in these numbers.

I just discovered this website in the last couple of weeks. The forums are very interesting so I read them every day.

I’m still waiting on my demonstration flight. I have a filling that I will get that next October when I go to pick up my plane.

Thanks

KClark, #394

My number is my contract number. I am unsure of my position number and feel it will change with the SR22 upgraders ahead of me.

Mark

I have a question concerning position numbers refered to in these forums.

My purchase agreement was executed in October, 1999. I have purchase agreement #457. When Cirrus called me they said my plane would be #394 of the production line.

Are the position numbers refered to in this website purchase agreement numbers or production line numbers?

I just discovered this website in the last couple of weeks. The forums are very interesting so I read them every day.

I’m still waiting on my demonstration flight. I have a filling that I will get that next October when I go to pick up my plane.

Thanks

KClark, #394

I have a question concerning position numbers

Thanks

KClark, #394

This is a good question that often mystifies the newcomers and the ‘early adapters’ alike.

first, the numbers usually referred to in this forum are the contract numbers. This is what Cirrus and everyone else uses to keep track of the positions.

These contract numbers are ordinal, but not necessarily sequential. (Meaning that each contract number is higher than the one that precedes it, but not necessarily by 1.)

Some numbers are left out by Cirrus, presumably for their flexibility to suit an investor, for demos or other corporate reasons. Other contracts get terminated and therefore the contract number is cancelled.

Aircraft serial numbers are assigned sequentially as needed. It is unlikely that the exact serial number of a plane to be delivered a year or two out can accurately be determined now.

For instance, my contract number is(was) #119 and I just heard that it would have been serial nr. 1112.

Hope this helps.

Marty #119 (or #13 on the '22)

My number is my contract number. I am unsure of my position number and feel it will change with the SR22 upgraders ahead of me.

Mark

I get the impression for the next couple of months some people will be pleasantly surprised as they get their planes a few weeks early. As S20 holders convert to SR22 positions. However as the SR-22 is certified and in production it will obviously take up slots on the production line and slow SR20 shipments but this should be balanced by the conversions. Cirrus did say that converting to an SR22 would not change your delivery date, which I expect will be true after the initial startup period.

Any ideas of how many upgraded ?

Robert