new position holder

Hi all!

A quick note to say that I am the proud recipient of position #731 as of 9/20.

The promised delivery date of 8/30/02 seems like an AWFULLY long way off, but that, at least, will give me the time to get my IFR before taking delivery!

Cheers
Rob Bondy

Hi all!>>A quick note to say that I am the proud recipient of position #731 as of 9/20.>>The promised delivery date of 8/30/02 seems like an AWFULLY long way off, but that, at least, will give me the time to get my IFR before taking delivery!>>Cheers>Rob Bondy

Congratulations on your fine decision! It looks like Cirrus is planning to really ramp up production to reach #731 by 8/02. At production levels forecasted so far, they would not reach my number (235) until next summer. So, that means they plan to produce 500 within 12 months from my delivery date. Don’t feel bad about your wait – we’ve waited two years so far and many others have waited a lot longer than us.

They’re still keeping up the pace of rougly 1 new aircraft sold for every working day.

I got contract #591 end of March, we are now at 731 end of September. That is 140 new contracts in about 132 working days.

On a side note, does anybody know how many used aircrafts are being traded per year in the US? I wonder what is going to happen to the prices of all those 5 to 10 year old Bonanzas, Commanders, Saratogas and so forth that are all trading at higher prices than a brand new Cirrus.

Just some food for thought.

Placido

Hi all!>>A quick note to say that I am the proud recipient of position #731 as of 9/20.>>The promised delivery date of 8/30/02 seems like an AWFULLY long way off, but that, at least, will give me the time to get my IFR before taking delivery!>>Cheers>Rob Bondy

Congratulations Rob! I picked up position #674 on June 16. My delivery was promised on 7/31/02, so Cirrus plans to deliver 57 aircraft in 22 working days. Let’s hope. (That’s about the same as Cessna’s current run rate for 172s and 182s combined.)

Hi all! A quick note to say that I am the proud recipient of position #731 as of 9/20. The promised delivery date of 8/30/02 seems like an AWFULLY long way off, but that, at least, will give me the time to get my IFR before taking delivery! Cheers Rob Bondy

Contract #72, signed 2/19/97, delivery 10/5/00.

3 3/4 years and change. (Reportedly left the paint shop yesterday.)

It would be interesting (if you have absolutely nothing else to do in life) to see a plot of delivery wait versus position number.

Or in an SR20 version of “Queen for a Day,” who can claim the longest delay between signing and delivery (actual or predicted)?

They’re still keeping up the pace of rougly 1 new aircraft sold for every working day.
I got contract #591 end of March, we are now at 731 end of September. That is 140 new contracts in about 132 working days.

On a side note, does anybody know how many used aircrafts are being traded per year in the US? I wonder what is going to happen to the prices of all those 5 to 10 year old Bonanzas, Commanders, Saratogas and so forth that are all trading at higher prices than a brand new Cirrus.

I would think that there will be no movement in prices initially due to the fact that the SR20 has hardly any track record. I know that the plane has been in production for over a year now but in aviation terms that is really nothing.

Those others have all been around a lomg time and have proved themselves to the aviation community. Not that I don’t have confidence in Cirrus (after all I did sign on the dotted line) but I think that it will take at least 5 years to “prove” itself to aviators generally. After all, look at
all the other types that started production and then dissappeared shortly thereafter.

Cheers!
Rob (#731)