former cirrus position holder

I was around #23 several years ago, Cirrus did not deliver anywhere near quoted time, avionics and price changed. Was in at 145K waited 5 years

price jumped to 195K with less avionics, shocked to see prices now in 270K range, payload poor, question their viability as prices rise. Does an IO 550 really cost 80K more? Topping 300K with full instruments, how many buyers are there at that price? Not many if you ask Mooney, Beech, Commander etc. Hope they make it but skeptical.

Thanks for dropping out ,got my plane in six months,ty buying a lanceair

I was around #23 several years ago,

So what did you end up buying?

I was around #23 several years ago, Cirrus did not deliver anywhere near quoted time, avionics and price changed. Was in at 145K waited 5 years

price jumped to 195K with less avionics, shocked to see prices now in 270K range, payload poor, question their viability as prices rise. Does an IO 550 really cost 80K more? Topping 300K with full instruments, how many buyers are there at that price? Not many if you ask Mooney, Beech, Commander etc. Hope they make it but skeptical.

Hmmm. Sounds like a case of impatience to me.
I too am/was also in the $144.5K price group and promissed delivery in 1998. I would have received my '20 this December but I swapped into the '22, which may take a few months more.

My disapointment is tempered by several thoughts:

1. I never expected them to be able to deliver on time. I realized ythat this was an introductory ‘teaser’ price and I would ‘pay’ in other areas luike delays and technical glitches.

2. The upgraded in avionics (to the “A” base config), which include the Garmin avionics from Terra, the larger, 10" ARNAV display, and S-Tec 20 autopilot, are real upgrades and were allowed for in the contract. You did have the optin not to get them and have your original plane dellivered at your original specs for the original price.

3. I am/was disappointed in the drop in palyoad, but this was discussed in numerous trade magazines. I was not caught by surprise. I could have returned my deposit or sold the position at a decent profit (which I hope you did). At least you got paid for your disappointment.

4. Look at the competition. Lancair got their certification quicker, but they spent all of their resources on certification; delivies have suffered. Both the SRR20 and Columbia 300 were certified about the same time and look at the deliveries: Cirrus 73+, Lancair 5+/-. Look back at Cessna when they went back into production. They still haven’t reached their promised production rates and they had done all of the ceritification and production previously.

5. The SR22 w/IO-550 isn’t really $80K higher than the SR-20 w/IO-360. Try making the comparison between the “C” model SR20 and the “A” model SR22. The “C” '20 is about $230k with leather and 3-blade prop. The “A” '22 With most of those options is $275K which is about a $45k difference. There are still other upgrades and alterations to the airframe which add cost. Yes, it is still expensive, but shouldn’t you make the comparison between the SR22 and ITS competition (Columbia 300, Mooneys, Commander 114/5, C-182’s, Archer, etc)? Are any of those aircraft cheaper? Have significantly better performance?

I’m sure, or at least I hope, your are happy with your decison. Based on the comments from those who have recieved ther SR20’s and have flown one or both planes, most of the buyers are very happy with the SR’s and theor decision.

BTW, what are you flying now?

Marty

so much energy

3)my price also increase

Thanks for dropping out ,got my plane in six months,ty buying a lanceair

I also got in at $144,500, and got my SR20 three and a half weeks ago, and I couldn’t be more pleased. This is the most fun airplane I have flown since the T-38 and was more than worth the wait.