New position holder

All,

I’m very happy to join this merry band, having just acquired position number 156 for an SR20 (which I’ll probably specify as a C model).

A couple of observations:

1. This forum really works. My new position is a direct result of my post on September 19th, looking for a position for sale.

2. As a result of the response to my post, I flew my Cessna 182 RG to Duluth about 3 weeks ago, and got the factory tour and a demo flight in N109CD. After that, there was no doubt that I’d be a position holder very soon. All the good things that everyone has said about the folks at Cirrus are true. I got VIP treatment, even 'though they knew that I was buying an existing position (i.e. they were selling the same airplane again).

3. I’m a new position holder, but a long-time dreamer. I’ve been “lurking” on this board, soaking up all the good info that passes by; and a LOT of very interesting data and opinion is expressed here. Thanks, Clyde, for your work in establishing and maintaining this site.

I know that I’ll have lots of questions to ask on the forum, but for now, I’m DELIGHTED to be able to join in the fun. Compared with some of you, I have to endure only a very short wait; but still, the next six months or so are going to feel like a very, very long time.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

May I ask how much you paid for the early slot?
Just wonder where the market for SR20s could be. There’s been a lot of buying and selling lately with some people stating their offers, but we don’t really know if those offers also met buyers, or if the prices had to be adjusted downwards. Just curiosity, don’t mean to intrude into your personal affairs.

Whatever you paid it still is a bargain compared to the Mooneys, Commanders et al around;-)

Cheers,

Placido

All,

I’m very happy to join this merry band, having just acquired position number 156 for an SR20 (which I’ll probably specify as a C model).

1. This forum really works. My new position is a direct result of my post on September 19th, looking for a position for sale.
  1. As a result of the response to my post, I flew my Cessna 182 RG to Duluth about 3 weeks ago, and got the factory tour and a demo flight in N109CD. After that, there was no doubt that I’d be a position holder very soon. All the good things that everyone has said about the folks at Cirrus are true. I got VIP treatment, even 'though they knew that I was buying an existing position (i.e. they were selling the same airplane again).
  1. I’m a new position holder, but a long-time dreamer. I’ve been “lurking” on this board, soaking up all the good info that passes by; and a LOT of very interesting data and opinion is expressed here. Thanks, Clyde, for your work in establishing and maintaining this site.

I know that I’ll have lots of questions to ask on the forum, but for now, I’m DELIGHTED to be able to join in the fun. Compared with some of you, I have to endure only a very short wait; but still, the next six months or so are going to feel like a very, very long time.

Mike.

It would be nice to know the bid/ask market for the SR20 resale market. Can you disclose the price you paid Mike?

Hi Mike,

May I ask how much you paid for the early slot?
Just wonder where the market for SR20s could be. There’s been a lot of buying and selling lately with some people stating their offers, but we don’t really know if those offers also met buyers, or if the prices had to be adjusted downwards. Just curiosity, don’t mean to intrude into your personal affairs.

Whatever you paid it still is a bargain compared to the Mooneys, Commanders et al around;-)

Cheers,

Placido

All,

1. As a result of the response to my post, I flew my Cessna 182 RG to Duluth about 3 weeks ago, and got the factory tour and a demo flight in N109CD. After that, there was no doubt that I’d be a position holder very soon. All the good things that everyone has said about the folks at Cirrus are true. I got VIP treatment, even 'though they knew that I was buying an existing position (i.e. they were selling the same airplane again).
  1. I’m a new position holder, but a long-time dreamer. I’ve been “lurking” on this board, soaking up all the good info that passes by; and a LOT of very interesting data and opinion is expressed here. Thanks, Clyde, for your work in establishing and maintaining this site.

Mike.