Navajo Chieftain

I share a Navajo Chieftain (and pilot) that I want to sell in preparation for purchasing a Cirrus after I procure my credentials to fly myself?

Does anyone know of an agent who specializes in Navajo Chieftains?

Thanks,

jack allen 904 891-3390

Jack,
Sorry I can’t help with that (and excuse my being a wise guy) but I am wondering how one goes about selling a pilot! :wink:

Lerman, you smart alec, jumping on a dangling participle! Beat me to the punch.

John, I don’t recognize the 904 area code, so Southeastern Piper might be a long hike for you. But Jonathan Lones is a reputable guy down there, and he’ll point you in the right direction. Start with sepiper.com.

This place may be one to check out…http://www.colemill.com/

and this guy…http://www.mikejonesaircraftsales.com/

R

Jim

Hi Jack,

I am evaluating doing they opposite at this time. Trading my Cirrus for a Navajo.

What for ? I need more payload and 6 places.

Why are you moving to Cirrus ? Need less payload and only 4 places ?

Denis

Hello Denis and thanks for responding. I share the Navajo with 2 other guys. 2 of us want to sell the plane as we are not using it much. I am planning to get my flying license/s and to buy a Cirrus for myself. That is our plan. Should we send you information about our plan Denis? What Cirrus do you have?

Thanks again,

jack allen

Cirrus SR22 2007 TN - Fully loaded (GTS-X edition).

Looking for a Najavo with fairly uptodate avionic - KFC 200 or better autopilot - Know ICE. Pressurized. Up to 600 hours on engine and less then 8000 hours total.

you guys might want to check this out :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110483145919&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Sounds like you guys could have a deal here!

Denis,

The only Navajo that was pressurized is the “Mojave” version…or the Cheyenne (turbo prop)

R

J

The Mojave had the Chieftain’s 350hp engines but the pressurized Navajo (referred to as the P Navajo) had the geared TIGO-541 engines rated at 425hp. A friend of mine (Panther Navajo owner) has told me the P Navajos can be maintenance nightmares, and the engines are very finicky due to their high power rating. Naturally, Navajos and Cheyennes are two completely different airplanes.

yes this is what my research so far point to: the gear engine are an issue.

I will now start to look on the cessna 414.

Denis, is pressurization a must have? Where are you based? Obviously going without it opens up your choices and cuts down on the maintenance a bit. The C414 is a good plane - I know two guys that own them and except for typical aging aircraft issues, they have held up quite well. The Mojave would be a good choice too, as it has the same 350hp direct drive TIO-540 as the Chieftain. Just have a thorough pre-buy done by an A&P that knows the type.

Pressurization… I am base in Montreal - a lot of bad weather, need to go on top.

I can’t picture myself flying with passenger out of reach - in the back of the airplane - while they are on oxygen. What do happen if someone is have an issue with is mask or canulas.

Worst my mother in law; she is so much afraid to disturb - like many old person - that she would probably pass out without asking for help. And God know how much I like her apple pie.

I am surprise I taught that the Mojave had gear engine. Like the 421. That is one of the reason I was evaluating the 414.

I

The Mojave or the 414 would be a good choice in my opinion. Mojaves were made from 1983 to 1986 so there are fewer of them around, but I’ve found some on aircraft seller sites. Whichever way you go, just find an A&P that knows the type to do the pre-buy, as it’s a more complicated aircraft and there’s more to look at.

Will

As I was the one who started this conversation and have benefitted from everyone’s contributions, I want to say much thanks to all!

jack allen

Good luck selling the plane Jack, the Chieftain has always been one of my fav cabin twins. I think you’ll enjoy the Cirrus once you get it. I went on a Cirrus CFI demo a few years back and was thoroughly impressed with the plane. Not so crazy about the lack of prop control, but it wouldn’t keep me from buying one.

Will