It's Official

Well I’m finally in line for a Cirrus. The line that finally clicked with my wife was that we could reasonably travel to VT in an SR-22 coupled with the fact that WHEN it finally arrives, in about two-years, we will have gotten our monies worth out of the 172.

For me, I think the wait will be worth the extra capacity AND whizz-bang stuff that may/will be added. (I am a flying gadget freak, even put an IFR cert Garmin 300XL in my 172, great way to fly BTW) As much as I hate to admit it, the 172 is the perfect plane for most of my flying: commuting to the bay area (SQL) 10-12 times a month from STS, which I will do for 2-3 more years. Expect a significant increase in travel about then. Also planning a trek to Kittyhawk in 2003. I just don’t like going very far in it right now, in fact I was not even that thrilled traveling in the 182. Looking forward to the commute home over the Golden Gate and along the headlands at 1XX knots and XXX feet :wink:

I’ve been on this forum so long just wanted to do the cyber-equivalent of shouting it out loud!! My position is currently 066 for an SR-22, subject to change at announcement of the final specs. Thanks for the advice about the contracts but in the end I was pretty sure about the -22 and the contract date difference is minimal. If I decide I really want the -20 instead I’ll take a chance on getting an earlier position.

See-Ya around out there :slight_smile:

Paul –

That makes two of us SR22 position holders who fly in and out of SQL.

("How do you like those summer afternoon crosswinds?)

My reasons for the SR22 are load, climb, enough power margin to accomodate AC, and Alan Klapmeier’s own wild enthusiasm for the SR22.

RK

Well I’m finally in line for a Cirrus. The line that finally clicked with my wife was that we could reasonably travel to VT in an SR-22 coupled with the fact that WHEN it finally arrives, in about two-years, we will have gotten our monies worth out of the 172.

For me, I think the wait will be worth the extra capacity AND whizz-bang stuff that may/will be added. (I am a flying gadget freak, even put an IFR cert Garmin 300XL in my 172, great way to fly BTW) As much as I hate to admit it, the 172 is the perfect plane for most of my flying: commuting to the bay area (SQL) 10-12 times a month from STS, which I will do for 2-3 more years. Expect a significant increase in travel about then. Also planning a trek to Kittyhawk in 2003. I just don’t like going very far in it right now, in fact I was not even that thrilled traveling in the 182. Looking forward to the commute home over the Golden Gate and along the headlands at 1XX knots and XXX feet :wink:

I’ve been on this forum so long just wanted to do the cyber-equivalent of shouting it out loud!! My position is currently 066 for an SR-22, subject to change at announcement of the final specs. Thanks for the advice about the contracts but in the end I was pretty sure about the -22 and the contract date difference is minimal. If I decide I really want the -20 instead I’ll take a chance on getting an earlier position.

Dadgum it! Here I was thinking that when I get my SR20, I’ll never covet any other plane. Nope, not even interested in a Citation. Now you’ve got me lusting after the SR22!

Has anyone heard any good rumors about predicted airspeed, useful load, etc. for the SR22?

Wow! What’s your position number? Interesting that there are two so close. Perhaps we can talk Cirrus into a -22 demo ride when one finally comes out ;). It also sounds like 1 or 2 -20’s will be based at SQL and/or PAO.

Yeah, I love those afternoon breezes, looking forward to my plane with much higher wing loading.

Also looking forward to the GPS approach at SQL getting notam’d back into service. Shooting the approach into PAO or HWD adds to my commute time! If you have any thoughts on that one let me know (paul.gibson@divatv.com). Been in touch with Mark at the Managers office but nothing to report. The more interest the better according to Mark.

Paul –

That makes two of us SR22 position holders who fly in and out of SQL.

("How do you like those summer afternoon crosswinds?)

My reasons for the SR22 are load, climb, enough power margin to accomodate AC, and Alan Klapmeier’s own wild enthusiasm for the SR22.

RK

Wow! What’s your position number? Interesting that there are two so close. Perhaps we can talk Cirrus into a -22 demo ride when one finally comes out ;). It also sounds like 1 or 2 -20’s will be based at SQL and/or PAO.

By my count there are as many as 7 sr20 position holders flying out of PAO alone! Not sure about SQL.

By my count there are as many as 7 sr20 position holders flying out of PAO alone! Not sure about SQL.

It is about time to rename PAO in NSA (“New Schiphol Airport”).

Three Cirii currently flying out of SMO.