Well I’m finally in line for a Cirrus. The line that finally clicked with my wife was that we could reasonably travel to VT in an SR-22 coupled with the fact that WHEN it finally arrives, in about two-years, we will have gotten our monies worth out of the 172.
For me, I think the wait will be worth the extra capacity AND whizz-bang stuff that may/will be added. (I am a flying gadget freak, even put an IFR cert Garmin 300XL in my 172, great way to fly BTW) As much as I hate to admit it, the 172 is the perfect plane for most of my flying: commuting to the bay area (SQL) 10-12 times a month from STS, which I will do for 2-3 more years. Expect a significant increase in travel about then. Also planning a trek to Kittyhawk in 2003. I just don’t like going very far in it right now, in fact I was not even that thrilled traveling in the 182. Looking forward to the commute home over the Golden Gate and along the headlands at 1XX knots and XXX feet
I’ve been on this forum so long just wanted to do the cyber-equivalent of shouting it out loud!! My position is currently 066 for an SR-22, subject to change at announcement of the final specs. Thanks for the advice about the contracts but in the end I was pretty sure about the -22 and the contract date difference is minimal. If I decide I really want the -20 instead I’ll take a chance on getting an earlier position.
See-Ya around out there