Interest rates and Insurance - New Questions

Anyone care to discuss the implications of this latest terrorist attack on interest rates and insurance rates? I hear AIG was a prime insurer of the WTC. I am just able to afford this airplane now and am worried that my dream has been shattered. As a former Air Force pilot I can only hope and pray that our government can gain control of the situation and get the job done.

I’ve heard from a reliable source that now is not the time to get an insurance quote, especially from AIG. AIG is quoting over $6,000 for the SR20 for instrument rated pilots with over 300 hrs.

Anyone care to discuss the implications of this latest terrorist attack on interest rates and insurance rates? I hear AIG was a prime insurer of the WTC. I am just able to afford this airplane now and am worried that my dream has been shattered. As a former Air Force pilot I can only hope and pray that our government can gain control of the situation and get the job done.

Interest rates may or may not decline. They definetely will not increase as a result of this atrocity.

Insurance is an open question. But if it hurts us it is more likely to be because a company has enough problems without us and decides to dispense with general aviation coverage.

Now my question. Most policies have war exclusion. If one of our GA planes becomes damaged in a terrorist reprisal can the carrier invoke that exclusion to deny a claim now that the government is calling it a war?

On the way to Duluth to pick up my SR22, Falcon Insurance called me and told me AIG was no longer interested in insuring any Cirrus a/c. They had already quoted me $5,400 (300 hrs, IR) but then refused to write the policy.