Insurance for Instruction

I am trying to get insurance coverage for a SR20 to provide instruction and possibly some rental as well to my clients. I am currently doing this in a Skyhawk now but my current underwriter will not do it in a Cirrus for some reason? (No valid explination given) My agent says no other carrier is willing either.

Does anyone have any information regarding this subject?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Who is going to own the SR20, you or your clients?

I will be owning the aircraft.

Thanks!

If you have an email address, or some other point of contact, I might be able to help.

Aaron:

Please E-mail me at dddfly2001@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi Aaron,

Noticed your post to flybye. I am a CSIP instructor and own an SR22. Any idea how I could get insurance to instruct in my airplane? My broker is Nationair.

Bill Graham
wkgraham77@aol.com

<<I am a CSIP instructor and own an SR22. Any idea how I could get insurance to instruct in my airplane? My broker is Nationair.>>

Can’t your broker get you a quote?

Jerry Avillion

I am an agent with nationair in the P&B branch. You would have to talk with our california branch, since they handle commercial operations in the that region. You would have to switch from a P&B policy to a commercial policy, and it would most likely cost 4 x what your are currently paying.

Jerry,

I did get a quote about a year ago. Aaron’s post led me to think something might have changed. Alas, not so. It would take more instruction than I would want to do just to break even in my own airplane.

Perhaps another approach would be to sell a small fraction of my plane to flight students and let them pay for the added insurance as owners. I’m not sure if this would work. Creative solutions are welcome.