SR22 Insurance

Interested in knowing what the latest experience/certification minimums are from Global or any others for an SR22. Would appreciate info from any recent buyers or inquirers.

Thanks,

I think I have Global. I have about 1500 TT, 350 TIT SEL, SES & IFR ratings. No claims. The premium just went up from about $3,000 for $1.0M smooth to $4,200 with sublimits [:(].

Marty

I am looking at the Cirrus SR20 for purchase, and would like to know what Insurance companies I should contact for quotes - can someone help there? I have not decided on Cirrus yet, thus I am not a member of this forum yet.

When I got my insurance (12/02) I was 500 hours TT, IFR, SEL. It was $4,500 smooth million. I think they stopped doing smooth million coverage immediately after I signed up (hopefully not as a direct result!)

That’s not good … thx

Ramon,

There have been lengthy discussions on the members-only forum about insurance. One of our members is an aviation insurance broker and he has been able to provide a lot of insight into how prices are set, etc.

I hate to miss a chance to plug COPA membership :slight_smile: Not everyone realizes that you don’t have to own a Cirrus to enjoy COPA membership.

Regards,

-Mike

Loud and clear … :slight_smile:

In reply to:

I have not decided on Cirrus yet, thus I am not a member of this forum yet.

That’s okay, you can still join! [;)]
As for insurance companies, what I think you really want is a good broker contact, since all brokers must work through the same small number of insurance underwriting companies.

Personally, I would recommend JT Helms of NationAir - a COPA member who has spent a LOT of time explaining insurance issues to us on the member’s forum. Try jhelms@nationair.com or 636-532-0023…

Steve

Thank you, that is just what I needed.

My vote goes to the AOPA Agency for service and support. I know that COPA is pushing NationAir but my experience has not been the same: after I spoke with JT Helms I did not hear back, not a quote, not even a call. On the other hand I received an excellent quote for my SR20 from the AOPA Agency. I recommend them for the excellent and personalized service I received from the beginning to to end of the process!

Paolo

In reply to:

I know that COPA is pushing NationAir…

Paulo,
Perhaps you meant posters on these forums are “pushing” NationAir… for the record, COPA isn’t pushing anyone. A lot of our members post about their insurance experiences (positive and negative), so what you read here probably reflects that, although there is more of substance on the Members forum. Your opinion counts, too.

• Mike.

My vote goes to the AOPA Agency for service and support. I know that COPA is pushing NationAir but my experience has not been the same: after I spoke with JT Helms I did not hear back, not a quote, not even a call. On the other hand I received an excellent quote for my SR20 from the AOPA Agency. I recommend them for the excellent and personalized service I received from the beginning to to end of the process!

FWIW, my experience was exactly the opposite.

FWIW…

Nationair (*)
AOPA (
)
Wings ( )