How mamy bulbs can be replaced for $1000?

http://www.speedmods.com/boom_beam.htm

From the LoPresti website, a possible solution to the short life of landing light bulbs…

Advantages listed are:
Brighter,

Longer Life,
 Lower Power Requirement.

Bright-600,000 candle power, available in spot or flood versions.

Metal Halide - Xenon - High Intensity Discharge Light System. Very white light, close to daylight color - (like the new Lexus, Porsche, Mercury Headlights).

Warranty includes bulb burnout, estimated 5,000 Hour Bulb Life. No filament to break.

Reduces load on alternator, system uses less than 3 amps. Voltage 14 and 28.

Link to AOPA Pilot Product Review, from Feb 2001:

http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/2001/prod0102.html

A long lasting, bright landing light would also be nice to have as an anti-collision device in busy airspace.

Any news on the relocation of the landing light in the cowling?

Do they have a STC, or can you replace without STC?

Timm Preusser

From the LoPresti website, a possible solution to the short life of landing light bulbs…

Advantages listed are:
Brighter,

Longer Life,
Lower Power Requirement.

Metal Halide - Xenon - High Intensity Discharge Light System. Very white light, close to daylight color - (like the new Lexus, Porsche, Mercury Headlights).

Warranty includes bulb burnout, estimated 5,000 Hour Bulb Life. No filament to break.

404 Error - AOPA

A long lasting, bright landing light would also be nice to have as an anti-collision device in busy airspace.

Advantages listed are:
Brighter,

Longer Life,
Lower Power Requirement.

404 Error - AOPA

I am quite sure this is the light that Cirrus is using in the SR22 mounted in the lower left cowl. However, there is not enought room (per Cirrus) to mount the same light in left cowl inlet. To me the cost of replacement is not the big item, but the reliability of having the landing light be working when you really need it when you only have one light. Should have the same reliability as a automobile headlight, which also takes quite a vibration beating on many of our roads. I was just at the factory and they did not have an answer for current or future production of the SR20. But as indicated above the SR22 has a fix in this new light down low.

I spoke with Dick Lonychan the Cirrus rep for our part of the U.S. last week, and I specifically asked about the new landing light system and he told me the new light would be on our new SR 20 thst is schduled for delivery Oct 2002

Advantages listed are:
Brighter,

Longer Life,
Lower Power Requirement.

404 Error - AOPA

I am quite sure this is the light that Cirrus is using in the SR22 mounted in the lower left cowl. However, there is not enought room (per Cirrus) to mount the same light in left cowl inlet. To me the cost of replacement is not the big item, but the reliability of having the landing light be working when you really need it when you only have one light. Should have the same reliability as a automobile headlight, which also takes quite a vibration beating on many of our roads. I was just at the factory and they did not have an answer for current or future production of the SR20. But as indicated above the SR22 has a fix in this new light down low.

I spoke with Dick Lonychan the Cirrus rep for our part of the U.S. last week, and I specifically asked about the new landing light system and he told me the new light would be on our new SR 20 thst is schduled for delivery Oct 2002
What new light are you talking about. Or just “the new light”. Where will it mount. Will there be a retrofit kit for previous 2.75 years production? Please give us more information. Any additional cost for the new light???

Advantages listed are:
Brighter,

Longer Life,
Lower Power Requirement.

404 Error - AOPA