Forked- tailed doctor killer

As one who has less than 200hrs in 182’s and most of my IFR training in a 172. I have to disagree with the thought that the SR20 is not a good airplane for a low time pilot {maybe my bias has 20,000 reasons}. I was able to fly a SR20 on an approx 2hr demo flight. Visability, handling, and decreased work load made flying a joy comparied to the 1998 172/Gs that I have been flying. The landing was simple even with the 10knt direct crosswind. But what really sold me was my wife’s landing; from the right seat; with less than 12hrs total time. She greased it. Not to say slowing the thing down wont take some getting used to,but with a little planning, is not difficult to do. As part of the profession that has reciently been referred to in this forum, I for one can say I don’t think there is any other airplane I would consider buying given my training and abilities. And that is because of the safety and flyability the SR20 offers.

You are 100% right. She is easy to fly and enjoyable in any respect. We have now 33 hrs on her and love her. Slowing down has to be learned, but even this is only a question of a little math - 500 ft per minute, or 1000 ft per 6 NM.

Timm Preusser

As one who has less than 200hrs in 182’s and most of my IFR training in a 172. I have to disagree with the thought that the SR20 is not a good airplane for a low time pilot {maybe my bias has 20,000 reasons}. I was able to fly a SR20 on an approx 2hr demo flight. Visability, handling, and decreased work load made flying a joy comparied to the 1998 172/Gs that I have been flying. The landing was simple even with the 10knt direct crosswind. But what really sold me was my wife’s landing; from the right seat; with less than 12hrs total time. She greased it. Not to say slowing the thing down wont take some getting used to,but with a little planning, is not difficult to do. As part of the profession that has reciently been referred to in this forum, I for one can say I don’t think there is any other airplane I would consider buying given my training and abilities. And that is because of the safety and flyability the SR20 offers.