Features Cirrus MUST provide

For those of us with some wait time on our hands, this forum has been a great venue for moaning about this or that feature that we definitely must have in our airplanes. (E.g., FADEC, deice, built-in O2.) Since weÂ’re all so hot to gild our lilies, letÂ’s not shy away from providing our Cirrus salespersons with a more complete list. To whit -

Trailer hitch

Probably best suited for the SR22, this could help alleviate the problem of diminished luggage space for those of us used to more abundant rear acreage. U-haul has pretty nice little trailers for $19.95/day. (But the per-mile charge would click along pretty rapidly, eh?) Don’t snicker. Is an airplane towing a trailer any stranger than an airplane popping a ‘chute?

Mirror on cabin ceiling

The SR2x aircraft, with their unobtrusive side control yokes, provide an almost unprecedented amount of, uh, lap space for pursuit of mile-high-club activities. The mirror would spice things up a bit, perhaps along with a portable lava lamp that could be plugged into the accessory outlet.

Relief tube

Although our cherished Cirri donÂ’t have the 6-hour+ range profiles of tip-tanked Bonanzas, when you gotta go, you gotta go. (Once again the copious lap space comes in handy.) Maybe the task of getting approval for yet another hole in the composite deterred Cirrus from implementing this obvious feature.

Bra

WeÂ’re all at least as compulsive about our flying machines as your typical 911 owner, and summertime is bug smashing time. Perhaps SportyÂ’s or BruceÂ’s will jump on this inevitable big-seller.

Window curtains

LetÂ’s not go there.

Spray rig

The KlapmeyerÂ’s want their airplanes to be “the airplane for everybody,” and that presumably includes ‘dusters (excuse me – “aerial applicators”).

I leave it to the fertile imagination of other forum dwellers to enhance this admittedly perfunctory list.

Gordon

I leave it to the fertile imagination of other forum dwellers to enhance this admittedly perfunctory list.

Let us not neglect keyless entry, an antitheft system, built-in child seat, and a plastic jesus to hang from the wc12b. And those of you interested in the aforementioned mile-high activities will really need that radar altimeter, especially in the intermountain west.

Let us not neglect keyless entry, an antitheft system, built-in child seat, and a plastic jesus to hang from the wc12b. And those of you interested in the aforementioned mile-high activities will really need that radar altimeter, especially in the intermountain west.

To add to Gordon’s and Kevin’s sterling lists of “must haves”, one must also recognize that to obtain an Official USofA Mile High Club Certificate of Merit, it is necessary to properly document one’s (two’s?) attainments at or above the ethereal mile high standard. Thus, a cockpit (to use the term loosely) recorder of aircraft operating parameters (to include altitude, of course) and human environment parameters (to include voice and video recorders) are definite essentials for the well equipped.

what about the ability to fly backwards like Kevin’s plane?