FADEC updates?

Anyone have an up-date as to when FADEC will be available for the 550 on the SR-22?

Dick at Cirrus mentioned they have been testing it and the result have been perfect. They said it may be ready during 1st quarter of 02. ‘May’ be ready.

pos#193 SR22

Wonder what the starting procedure is?

That’s great news, and is definitely progress since November. At AOPA Expo, Alan stated that the FADEC test engine was “running,” which was a case of damnation with faint praise.

Tantalizing conjecture: I’ll bet they intend to use the MFD for the annunciation function (FADEC’s “health status annunciator” - HSA).

This sounds great but I don’t think they will be ready in Q1. My understanding is that the 550 is not certified yet and that is the first step. I was told by both Cirrus and Aerosance to get an update in January 02 and they would know the dates better.

Cirrus is sold on fadec but they also have a lot of projects going on. Its hard to know how much effort they are giving to fadec. This is very important for me and I hope they make it for my May/June delivery time. I may try and swap with someone for a later position of they are are not ready.

That’s the whole point. With FADEC starting should be automatic…turn the key even in our normal Wisconsin winters.

Turn the key and smile.

Tantalizing conjecture: I’ll bet they intend to use the MFD for the annunciation function (FADEC’s “health status annunciator” - HSA).

This is something I was thinking about sometime ago. Why do you need the Arnav engine monitoring software if you have FADEC. You won’t be able to adjust the mixture etc. A much better option is if you really care have output from the FADEC computer displayed- but again it will be info only.

Perhaps if FADEC becomes available then we don’t need Avidyne to do engine monitoring ?