FADEC Update

I spoke to someone at FADEC today who told me the Continental IO-550 system would have FAA approval within 4-5 weeks. He also said it is now in Cirrus’ court to get the system on the SR22.

My Cirrus sales rep told me that he wasn’t sure what was going on with FADEC, and that Cirrus was not doing anything until the system is approved on the 550. After that, he told me plan on at least 6 months before we see it available on the SR22.

If you speak with anyone else beside Eric, you wont get the correct answer. He is the man. Cirrus did not get everything they needed for testing. I believe Cirrus is taking the approach of let Continental do what they need to do and then we will work our aircraft and systems. No reason to waist time with it now and have to revise if Continental makes changes to the FADEC. Let’s give them a little time to do it right (correct) the first time, so we wont have down time later while they figure out what went wrong. Happey Easter everyone.

Cheers,

Woor

I spoke to someone at FADEC today who told me the Continental IO-550 system would have FAA approval within 4-5 weeks. He also said it is now in Cirrus’ court to get the system on the SR22.

My Cirrus sales rep told me that he wasn’t sure what was going on with FADEC, and that Cirrus was not doing anything until the system is approved on the 550. After that, he told me plan on at least 6 months before we see it available on the SR22.

Well, I’ve finally decided to join the “waiting for delivery” club - I’m sending in my deposit on a '22. I’m hearing May-June '02 delivery. Anyone want to venture a guess as to the odds FADEC will be available by then? And, if it is, will they make it available to existing position holders?

Gordon

If you speak with anyone else beside Eric, you wont get the correct answer. He is the man. Cirrus did not get everything they needed for testing. I believe Cirrus is taking the approach of let Continental do what they need to do and then we will work our aircraft and systems. No reason to waist time with it now and have to revise if Continental makes changes to the FADEC. Let’s give them a little time to do it right (correct) the first time, so we wont have down time later while they figure out what went wrong. Happey Easter everyone.

Cheers,

Woor

Well, I’ve finally decided to join the “waiting for delivery” club - I’m sending in my deposit on a '22. I’m hearing May-June '02 delivery. Anyone want to venture a guess as to the odds FADEC will be available by then? And, if it is, will they make it available to existing position holders?

Gordon

Gordon,

Welcome aboard! I have SR22 position 228, which is scheduled April 1, 2002. I asked Bruce Gunter from Cirrus if FADEC would be available by then, and he said don’t count on it.

Ditto with the rumored deice system.

I’m guessing Cirrus is devoting everything to trying to stay afloat and produce planes, which probably leaves little for R&D.

Jeff

Cheers,

Woor