Delivery Dates

My partner, Alan Dubow, and I have position number 213. Would anyone care to extrapolate

(read guess) as to our delivery date.

Thanks,
Bruce Lake

My partner, Alan Dubow, and I have position number 213. Would anyone care to extrapolate

Thanks,
Bruce Lake

With #225 I’m in the same boat you are. Their stated business plan is to deliver 150-155 planes this year, and be at 1 per business day (lets say 21/month) by the end of the year. So, best case is we get planes this time next year.

They are still raising money to meet these goals, and they also say they intend to deliver some SR22s this year, so these #'s IMO are “optimistic”, given that they would have to be at 1/day no later than August to make 150 this year. One question mark is that I have no idea what serial no. contract #225 might equate to.

Sure hope it happens, but I’m not counting on it. Current guess: Sept/Oct next year.

Thanks,
Bruce Lake

Taking a SWAG, I’ll say April 30, 2001.

That assumes the previously mentioned #80 is out in September and then they reach procudtion levels of about 20 planes per month.

If I’m right, do I get a ride on your way home?

The AVWEB Sun-N-Fun news release states

"Despite the irritation of dealing with investment bankers and the ongoing search for more green, Cirrus is

doing well. "We delivered nine SR20s in 1999, and in the first two months of 2000, delivered nine. That's

quite an improvement." Cirrus is determined to continue to ramp up production even more. There is great

incentive to do that, not only because of anxious customers on the ever-lengthening waiting list, but to

pacify anxious stockholders. Once Cirrus hits the magic one airplane-per-day mark, they'll hit the magical

and oh-so-lovely break-even mark as well. Plans are to produce 140 airplanes this year, 140 next year,

and bump up to two to three per day by 2001. Even at that rate, they'll have work cut out for them -- as of

the Friday before SnF, there were 558 firm orders."

I even questioned the AVWEB’s editor about their math – an airplane a day (20 or so a month) does not add up to 140 airplanes next year. The editor stated that this was the info provided to them by Cirrus.

I hope the 140 airplanes next year is a misquote and that it should be 240 (20 airplanes per month). Otherwise it will just be a much longer wait for our airplanes.

Bernie #296

Thanks,
Bruce Lake

With #225 I’m in the same boat you are. Their stated business plan is to deliver 150-155 planes this year, and be at 1 per business day (lets say 21/month) by the end of the year. So, best case is we get planes this time next year.

They are still raising money to meet these goals, and they also say they intend to deliver some SR22s this year, so these #'s IMO are “optimistic”, given that they would have to be at 1/day no later than August to make 150 this year. One question mark is that I have no idea what serial no. contract #225 might equate to.

Sure hope it happens, but I’m not counting on it. Current guess: Sept/Oct next year.

Thanks,
Bruce Lake

I have heard of only 140 this year. Think possitive. 175 !!!

I am 324 and would like to have mine before OSH 2001. What can I say… we all have hopes…and wishes… may be someone will swap position with me. That would be nice.

Best of luck for all of us.

PS. Anyone needing an airplane brought from West Coast to somewhere in the East the first week of May? I will be dropping on of in SFO on the 30th of April.

Have a great Cirrus day.

Woor

pilot4hire@bigfoot.com

PSS Clyde, we appreciate what you are doing very much. Keep it up…