Delivery Date, Misc.

1. Received a delivery date of 12-15-00 today.

2. Does anyone who has previously picked up an aircraft have any general suggestions as to where to stay, how long to allow for checkout, etc.?

3. Has anyone asked Cirrus to install a Tanis heater, or to have an affiliated FBO in Duluth install any accessory prior to delivery?

4. I’ve owed a number of aircraft over the years, but all used. I know how to do an AOPA title search for a used plane–but I don’t know if there is anything equivalent to a mechanic’s lien release that one should obtain from a primary manufacturer of a new aircraft. Are there any concerns with a Cirrus subcontractor having a lien on components? How does one ensure clear title? Or is this simply not an issue, as it is with building a structure?

1. Received a delivery date of 12-15-00 today.
  1. Does anyone who has previously picked up an aircraft have any general suggestions as to where to stay, how long to allow for checkout, etc.?
  1. Has anyone asked Cirrus to install a Tanis heater, or to have an affiliated FBO in Duluth install any accessory prior to delivery?
  1. I’ve owed a number of aircraft over the years, but all used. I know how to do an AOPA title search for a used plane–but I don’t know if there is anything equivalent to a mechanic’s lien release that one should obtain from a primary manufacturer of a new aircraft. Are there any concerns with a Cirrus subcontractor having a lien on components? How does one ensure clear title? Or is this simply not an issue, as it is with building a structure?