aftermarket shops

Hello,

I keep meaning to ask Cirrus this but I keep forgetting when I have them on the phone.

After delivery, if you want to add additional equipment to the plane (TCAD & engine heater are what I have in mind initially), where would you go to get these types of things installed?

I guess what I mean is, does Cirrus recommend any specific shops which have expertise in SR20s? Has anyone had particularly good or bad luck just going to the neighborhood FBO to have this type of aftermarket equipment added on?

Is there any warranty implication to having a random shop work on your plane?

I’ll eventually get around to asking Cirrus these questions but thought if someone has already asked or knows the answers to these, it might be quicker to just post here.

Thanks

Steve

Cirrus Purchase Agreement Section 8.02 says “Modification of the Aircraft by the Purchaser or by any other party than Seller shall invalidate all warranties granted under this Agreement.”

Hello,

I keep meaning to ask Cirrus this but I keep forgetting when I have them on the phone.

After delivery, if you want to add additional equipment to the plane (TCAD & engine heater are what I have in mind initially), where would you go to get these types of things installed?

I guess what I mean is, does Cirrus recommend any specific shops which have expertise in SR20s? Has anyone had particularly good or bad luck just going to the neighborhood FBO to have this type of aftermarket equipment added on?

I’ll eventually get around to asking Cirrus these questions but thought if someone has already asked or knows the answers to these, it might be quicker to just post here.

Thanks

Steve

The Cirrus bet on volume should spur the interest of many third-party suppliers.

There remain short-term issues . . . Cirrus warranties . . . STCs . . . but in the long run, robust aftermarkets tend to follow hits. And Cirrus is producing hits.

Hello,

Thanks

Steve

We’re going up to get our airplane tomorrow AM. SN 1078. We had Cirrus factory install a Tanis Heater on our bird. The additional cost was reasonable and the plane is going to spend it’s like in Minnesota. I’m not sure of the rest of the warranty issues.

Darman

Hello,

Thanks

Steve

Cirrus Purchase Agreement Section 8.02 says “Modification of the Aircraft by the Purchaser or by any other party than Seller shall invalidate all warranties granted under this Agreement.”

I find it hard to believe that Cirrus would enforce such a broad clause if you were to add a new toy for your plane, such a TCAD or whatever, as long as your new avionics wasn’t the cause of a warranty claim. I hope that we are dealing with reasonable people. This clause looks like the lawyers got carried away with themselves.