Deliver Delays

I have just returned from Sun 'n Fun after receiving the news that my SR 20 previously promised for September 2001 will not now be delivered until May 2002. I had never received any communication from Cirrus about the delay or about the offer to change to a SR 22.

I have just found this Forum and thought that it would be full of complaints about the delays.

Am I the only one?

I have just returned from Sun 'n Fun after receiving the news that my SR 20 previously promised for September 2001 will not now be delivered until May 2002. I had never received any communication from Cirrus about the delay or about the offer to change to a SR 22.

I have just found this Forum and thought that it would be full of complaints about the delays.

Am I the only one?

Graham,

You are one of only a few who are complaing. Basically , we all understand it is a cash flow issue for Cirrus. The only other option would be for C/D to fill the existing SR20 orders first, further exacerbating the cash flow issue and possibly shutting down the company. The SR 22 is a higer margin plane therefore they have been doing a balancing act to try to fullfill the SR20 orders and build SR 22’s to pump up the cash. The letter that was sent out to Cirrus contract holders 2-3 weeks back doesa good job of explaining that.

I would call Cirrus , have them get you on the mailing list and send you a copy of that letter.

It is a drag waiting another 6 months for this a/c but it will be worth it!