SR20 Delivery

I just got word that my delivery has been pushed back to April 2002 instead of the original July 2001 (I signed the contract on AUG 1999

I guess I will still be lusting for more PIREPS.

As bad as it seems I’m willing to wait. The SR 20 is still the best flying machine ever.

Maio

I just got word that my delivery has been pushed back to April 2002 instead of the original July 2001 (I signed the contract on AUG 1999

As bad as it seems I’m willing to wait. The SR 20 is still the best flying machine ever.

Maio

What is you contract #?

db

Mario,
What is your contract number?

When you signed your contract the profit outlook was different.Deliver 150 -20’s and profit comes.Money crunch came before that.Sr-22’s make profit faster hence the slowed down -20 production as -22’s kinda snuck in to the -20 production line.Every other plane in production is a -22.Really,They should just come out with an honest delivery schedule so you all don’t have to do your own math.My thoughts.The planes are coming out great.

Maio

What is you contract #?

db

#411 (August 1999)

I was also told that production for the sr22 will accelerate (they would focus on the sr22, I guess due to profitability)and the SR 20 line will not be increased. In addition, we would recieve a letter from Alan Klap. regarding this shift.

Mario.

When you signed your contract the profit outlook was different.Deliver 150 -20’s and profit comes.Money crunch came before that.Sr-22’s make profit faster hence the slowed down -20 production as -22’s kinda snuck in to the -20 production line.Every other plane in production is a -22.Really,They should just come out with an honest delivery schedule so you all don’t have to do your own math.My thoughts.The planes are coming out great.

Glue guy I tried to e-mail you.Are you laget. I wonder when we cant mail you. I had a questin but I will will pass on it now. From Don

as an add on to that:

margins in sr22 are almost double that of sr20

as this year progresses and production picks up

bulk orders of raw materials and thus ordering discounts will help costs.

also gross margins will increase as efficiencies are realized…

employee costs were temporarily lowered but when production hits 33 per month a recall is said to be on its way.

cost structure currently in place could handle (with this year’s financing) 35-40 aircraft per month…

The people that helped secure Cirrus Design as a growing bussiness are the very people Cirrus is “Blowing-off” with regards to a firm deliver schedule. Anyone waiting for a SR20 has had money on the table for quite sometime. Let me apologize now, but when I read a post from an “insider” or “glue dude” that mentions their busting ass for us, it irritates me to no end. FWIW I busted my ass to make 15K to put down on the plane you are going to get paid to build. Not to even mention the rest of the up-front money. So please reframe from slamming the people that make it possible for you to work. I for one appreciate any information from the inside as long as it is not belittling.

If Marios' post is correct, and he was bumped back 9 months, that totally sucks.

Bob #509

PS Sorry so long…just needed to vent.

If Marios’ post is correct, and he was bumped back 9 months, that totally sucks.

Probably sucks less than bankruptcy. Having waited nearly four years for my SR22 delivery (2 1/2 years late) I do have a lot of sympathy for getting the date pushed back.

However, it’s in everyone’s interest (particularly the folks that haven’t taken delivery yet) for the company to remain solvent. If they run out of cash, it won’t be pretty (things will get ever slower until management cries uncle) and then the company that buys up the carcass (no doubt that it will happen) aren’t likely to recognize the $15K investments.

Spinning up the 22 production rate in order to take advantage of the higher margins is the only thing that makes sense at this point. It doesn’t seem likely that they’re making any money at all on the early SR20 deliveries, between the lower price and the stalled inflation adjustments.

Put another way, you’re likely to get your SR20 sooner with the 22 production sped up than you would otherwise.

Perhaps with the overhaul in manufacturing they’ll be able to improve productivity and get predictable build rates and cost, at which point perhaps the schedule will move up again.

If Marios’ post is correct, and he was bumped back 9 months, that totally sucks.

Probably sucks less than bankruptcy. Having waited nearly four years for my SR22 delivery (2 1/2 years late) I do have a lot of sympathy for getting the date pushed back.

However, it’s in everyone’s interest (particularly the folks that haven’t taken delivery yet) for the company to remain solvent. If they run out of cash, it won’t be pretty (things will get ever slower until management cries uncle) and then the company that buys up the carcass (no doubt that it will happen) aren’t likely to recognize the $15K investments.

Spinning up the 22 production rate in order to take advantage of the higher margins is the only thing that makes sense at this point. It doesn’t seem likely that they’re making any money at all on the early SR20 deliveries, between the lower price and the stalled inflation adjustments.

Put another way, you’re likely to get your SR20 sooner with the 22 production sped up than you would otherwise.

Perhaps with the overhaul in manufacturing they’ll be able to improve productivity and get predictable build rates and cost, at which point perhaps the schedule will move up again.

Another point to keep in mind is that most of the SR22 sales to date came from changes from SR20 to SR22’s. They are not really “breaking in line” so to speak. My SR20 contract was signed April 1999, I hope to get my SR22 this winter. This represents a wait of over 2&1/2 years. I am sure there are those who have waited for their SR20 & SR22 even longer (as noted above). From what I understand from my Cirrus rep. (which is closely matched by the glueguy’s numbers) the upcoming production numbers for the most part doesn’t really move a particular buyer ahead of others who have waited significantly longer. Albiet I do wonder at times what is happening to the planes earmarked for “Cirrus”.

I understand an accurate delivery schedule is being worked on and should be forthcoming shortly.

This is a new company who continues to learn, plus they are not building widgets but an airplane, one that has both the FAA and trial lawyers to worry about.

I personally think we should all lighten up and be glad they are actually producing airplanes. I would hate to see this be a SR20 vs SR22 kind of place.

Regards M. Myers

Hello M.

I agree 101%. We should find better things to complain (go clean the garage). The SR20 & SR22 are great airplanes. Here is something to complain: Why did it take so long for a great idea/company “Cirrus” to come up with such a great airplane. Look at the hard work, and dedication that must take to get something as big as a Cirrus company to start rolling airplanes out the door. This is not a piece of cake. My hat is off to the brothers with the vision and it stays off all the way to the guy that nobody knows that is keeping the floors clean. Cirrus, you have my support, I do appreciate what you are putting out, and if you need help, ask, I will be glad to help. Waiting is no fun, but ask anyone that has one and they will tell you it was worth the wait. I will gladdly wait.

Have a great Cirrus day.

Woor

Another point to keep in mind is that most of the SR22 sales to date came from changes from SR20 to SR22’s. They are not really “breaking in line” so to speak. My SR20 contract was signed April 1999, I hope to get my SR22 this winter. This represents a wait of over 2&1/2 years. I am sure there are those who have waited for their SR20 & SR22 even longer (as noted above). From what I understand from my Cirrus rep. (which is closely matched by the glueguy’s numbers) the upcoming production numbers for the most part doesn’t really move a particular buyer ahead of others who have waited significantly longer. Albiet I do wonder at times what is happening to the planes earmarked for “Cirrus”.

I understand an accurate delivery schedule is being worked on and should be forthcoming shortly.

This is a new company who continues to learn, plus they are not building widgets but an airplane, one that has both the FAA and trial lawyers to worry about.

I personally think we should all lighten up and be glad they are actually producing airplanes. I would hate to see this be a SR20 vs SR22 kind of place.

Regards M. Myers

Mario,
What is your contract number?

#411 (signed in August 1999)

I’m sorry for responding too late. I was in Vegas for the weekend.

Mario