Clyde's Famous

Just reading a story on the http://www.socata.orgTB20 board. A poster in Australia said that one of the highlights of a recent airshow was getting to sit in an SR20!

Very accommodating you you, Clyde!

Joe

Just reading a story on the http://www.socata.orgTB20 board. A poster in Australia said that one of the highlights of a recent airshow was getting to sit in an SR20!

Joe

I guess the plug is in for socata. Dont get me wrong.I did own two an 85 and a 91. I loved both but now its cirrus for me becouse for one thing 100,000.00 anther like the shute and for all resons already mentioned.And 4 gal an hour less for the same speed.If money was not an issue and it always is. I might have looked at the new GT modle.The one thing you can get them riteaway. But good things are worth waiting for.But I hope they do well and continue on with them.But in May I will have a brand new SR20 loaded With all the options. From Don # 215

A poster in Australia said that one of the highlights of a recent airshow was getting to sit in an SR20!

Sorry, but it had nothing to do with me! There are two SR20s in Australia now, the other is an N-reg demonstrator being operated by the local Cirrus agent - N118CD. It’s a C model, has been here since about Christmas. It’s also based at Archerfield - currently in the same hangar as VH-CRF though we are in the process of building our own hangar.

I believe it’s off to Melbourne this w/end with 48 demo flights booked!

Hi Don,
I didn’t intend to plug the TB20, but since you mention it…
I agree that the SR20 is more modern, luxurious, and efficient than the TB20, and undoubtably safer with the 'chute.
But my used TB20 was $85K cheaper (an '85 with 2200 TTAF and 1200 SMOH @ $105K), out-performs the SR20 in all respects, and was available! So I sold my SR20 position last spring to buy it. Have put 100 trouble-free hours on it since then. Great IFR cross country bird!

For me, it was a better choice. I’m sure if I’d been more patient and less of a skinflint, I would have loved the SR20 too. Of course, I’d still be waiting to find out… :wink:

Joe

I guess the plug is in for socata. Dont get me wrong.I did own two an 85 and a 91. I loved both but now its cirrus for me becouse for one thing 100,000.00 anther like the shute and for all resons already mentioned.And 4 gal an hour less for the same speed.If money was not an issue and it always is. I might have looked at the new GT modle.The one thing you can get them riteaway. But good things are worth waiting for.But I hope they do well and continue on with them.But in May I will have a brand new SR20 loaded With all the options. From Don # 215