Another Customer Delivery

Word has it that Sam Johnson flew his SR20 back to Iowa and was quite happy with his new bird…

Is anyone in touch with the lucky latest recipient, to solicit or transcribe postable reports of first impressions of experiences with his new plane?

Is anyone in touch with the lucky latest recipient,

Yes, Sam said “I got Delivery on #1014 this past week and got back home with it today. (1/15). A Really Beautiful Airplane in Every Way!”

I’m going to pester him for a more detailed report, but he may be too busy flying :slight_smile:

Is anyone in touch with the lucky latest recipient,

Yes, Sam said “I got Delivery on #1014 this past week and got back home with it today. (1/15). A Really Beautiful Airplane in Every Way!”

I’m going to pester him for a more detailed report, but he may be too busy flying :slight_smile:

Yes, I got delivery of Serial # 1014 on January 11,2000, the first 2000 model SR20. The airplane was beautiful and everything I was expecting it to be. Fit and finish inside and out was excellent. The heater and ventilation systems work very well in the cold Duluth climate. Delivery was a challenge because of the cold and almost constant lake effect snow. We lost 1/12 to the weather, and completed training with Wings Aloft on Thursday and Friday. Left Cirrus Friday night at 7:30 PM and packed up for an early departure Saturday. However, fog prevented my departure till later that AM. When I got to the plant about 10AM I found about 15-20 Team members working the assembly line and more than willing to help me in any way needed to facilitate my departure. In fact, everyone I came in contact with at Cirrus was so very nice and extremely enthusiastic as well as very proud of this airplane. What a great feeling to the customer.

I loaded my luggage, they opened the heated hanger and go me outside for my trip home. I started the engine and proceeded to flight plan the GNS 430 from DLH to ONA(Winona MN) to CID(Cedar Rapids IA). I departed on #9, turned to the south and pressed Nav on the S-tec 30. After my climb to 5500 I pressed Alt Hold, adjusted the fuel flow and proceeded to watch the airplane fly me home. What a beautiful day in my beauthful new airplane. I was on top of the world, and LOVING every second of it!!! I never touched the controls till I was about 30 miles out from CID to start my descent to the pattern, and adjust my course with the heading bug. Picked up a little light turbulence on the descent after a perfectly smooth 300NM trip. The landing was good, and is getting better with some time. My final word for you now, since I need to get back to my job, is that it is worth EVERY minute of the wait to get possession of a New Cirrus SR20. Not easy, but really worth it.

Sam Johnson